By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hitachi Creates 100GB Blu-ray Disc for PS3

Apostrovich said:
I wonder what kind of game you would get if your original goal was to make a game that would take up 200 gigs....

12 million levels of Pong.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I meant a GOOD game that would take up 200 gigs.  ^That game would be my idea of hell.

Wow , they could release a : 50 PS2 games in 1 compilation :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

leo-j said:
Heavenly sword takes up 22 gigs genius.

The reason why is because the background is being run by the cell, and its alive(not FF VII thats drawn there).

I kinda chuckled to myself. The background is "alive" ? You bought into the whole emotion engine bs huh?

phil said:
gamingdevil said:
Sadly, you'd need to shell out as much as the whole computer to buy a BD writer IF there's any of them out.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2665668&Sku=L12-1126&SRCCODE=PWATCH&CMP=OTC-PWATCH

gamingdevil, reality. reality, gamingdevil. I feel priveleged to introduce the two of you.

Yea, because it's SO MUCH cheaper than a PC... i can find you a decent PC for $550 or even $500... so i'll give nearly the same amount i gave for my PC to have a BD writer... and in his case, for backups. No thanks i'll prefer a second HDD.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Wow , they could release a : 50 PS2 games in 1 compilation :D

That would be 25. Most PS2 games were 4GB on the disc, as a way to get around load times.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I agree,future games could use all this space...

But if the media ask to the developers... why the game is just 12 hours long???

They could say:

"err...ahhh, but we have 87 GB of uncompressed audio" ???

(PS- Bigger storage media doesn't translate in bigger games, everytime it happens)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
I agree,future games could use all this space...

But if the media ask to the developers... why the game is just 12 hours long???

They could say:

"err...ahhh, but we have 87 GB of uncompressed audio" ???

(PS- Bigger storage media doesn't translate in bigger games, everytime it happens)

Back in the 5th gen, Grandia and Dragon Quest VII had over twice as many hours of gameplay as the PS1 Final Fantasy games, despite having fewer discs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I'm waiting a couple years for the holographic discs that I read about in max pc. Those will be cool. 3.9 TB

Fuzzmosis said:
Alright, with the 200gb DVD, it's time for a return of the sprite based RPGs.

500,000 hours of gameplay, whos' with me!

I am.  But that's because i've yet to see any mordern RPGs that have matched some of their sprite based counterparts.  

Either way aside from a little load time difference considering the industry as it is i don't see developers being able to fill the disc with content.  They won't be given the time.