By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 vs Forza 3

^yeah? and what part of "I would if you'd strike me as someone who plays racing games" he didn't see? It was more than clear what I'm talking about. But nevermind, the man himself said he doesn't play the genre (and he sucks at it), so why argue about it so much? answer: worst case of fanboyism.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
@Kanariya

I didn't know that PD had a sales figure link in their website, good find there.
So, by my calculations, GT5:P sold 3,67M acording to PD. Maybe the difference of 0.62M from the data on this site is because that there is a lot of shelved copies, but i seriously doubt it, that is a very big difference just to be shelved copies. So probably, those are the sales figures including the downloads on the PSN, but at this point, i'm just speculating.

Even so, the fact still stands that GT5:P didn't outsell Forza 2, although I would never expected it to, it's a full game against a Prologue.

What struck me the most was the huge loss of american public from GT3 to GT4, it went down from 7,14M to 2,97M, I believe that Forza must have had some influence in here, and the fact that GT4 didn't offer anything really new over GT3 must have played a decisive factor as well.

So, in order for GT5 to be succesful, it would have to continue garnering it's european fans, which is almost a fact that it will, but it would also have to make some american fans to come back to the series, and that will be the biggest challenge IMO for GT

Those numbers include the PSN downloads and the numbers were from march.

It should be more than that now with multiple price cuts on the game and it's on the greatest hit.

@Kanariya

Ok, another bit of info that i didn't knew about, thanks ;) Being that the case, then the PSN downloads account for more than half a million games, so that's a great plus for digital distribution, it shows that it can be a good alternative to the physical format selling.

Talking about GT5:P, i really hope that PD gives us an option to import your GT5:P garage to GT5, I would really hate having to play for almost a month to win the F1 2007 and not being able to play it on the full game right from the start :(

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

ironman said:

And of course twingo has to bring his worhless keister into the argument with statments that have no fact behind them. 

While I have not played GT I have a brother in law who is a car junkie, and plays any racing game he can get his hands on (unlike some of the shit heads who claim to be gamers), he played most of the GT series, I know a lot from him. Also,  Ihave done research, I have seen the videos, I have read the reviews. Sorry mate, but once again, you don't know what you are talking about. Rally vs. No rally, not a differance in terms of gameplay. Millions of normal people (not fanboys) won't give a crap about the rally racing. So, yeah,  Isee clearly that there will be very little differance. But then, I suppose you are one of the people toting the no damge of the past as a minor differance...and that may be to some, but to true racing sim fans, that is not the case. Nice try though. it was fun destroying you...wanna go another round? cuz I got more lead for your fanboy ass. 

Saying that about rally truely show you have absolutly no clue about racing and anything related, you are just a foolish fanboy.  Its no surprise you are from USA, most of you havent a clue just how big Rally is in Europe and how important it is to Europeans.

I base my oinion on my expericne with my IS300 in real life and comparing it to the way it drove in Forza 2 and previos GT games.  Unlike you all talking out of your fanboy game nerds asses i pushed my IS beyond it limits and experienced my self how a car reacts in may situations. 

I know Heavy braking max acceleration
I know Accel out of corners streight or angled.
I know Full drift on new dry pav and snow wet dirt.
I know how it feels to lose traction at 150kph casue the highway is totally covered in snow.
I know how much a differance tires make, i know when theres jsut barelyto much snow for me and winter tires become a must.
I know what losing control means and how to recover it, i know when it gone to far and all i can do is hold on till its done.
I know the differance between RWD and FWD in auto controls, i bas eit on my expericne in my old MX6.
I Know what it means to spin tires at over 100kph becase i foolish slamed the gas in a Vette with out any trac control.
I know body roll and how it scres you in cornering.
I know weight transfer.

I know based on real life, what do you know other then F ALL ?

And before you pathetic fanboy ass stoops so low to accuse me of lying and say i dont have a IS.

You have no idea how much a person learns by expericne, buy a rwd car in Nov and then experience the worst winter in many years you learn the hard way car control.

The said:
ironman said:
The said:
^I would if you'd strike me as someone who plays racing games. I bet you're not a fan of racing....

You could not be more wrong. I don't enjoy most racing games because I suck at them ( I did, however enjoy Need For Speed Most Wanted, and NASCAR 1999 on PC), but I love racing. I am actually planning to get Forza3 and if funds permit, and  Ican convince my wife to let me, buy a PS3 and GT5 (mainly for the Nascar racing...if you can fine tune your car) So, please justify your previouse statement...remember, it's not for my benefit as much as the other members on this site...oh, and it may make you look like you know what you are talking about.

Look mate, I'm not sure why YOU are still here in this thread. I can't find in any of your posts what reason you have to believe "GT5 won't be much different than F3" than FANBOYISM.

For bloody hell's sake read your own words... rofl. I said you don't strike me as someone who plays racing games and you respond saying "I couldn't be more WRONG?" then you inmediately contradict yourself saying YOU DON'T ENJOY MOST RACING games and that YOU SUCK AT THEM. ROFL. Excuse me for laughing at your face, but who couldn't? I was right all this time, you are no racing fan. Need for Speed Most Wanted? yeah, great game, but (chuckle) seriously, for a genre you don't play much and suck at you seem to defend too much F3 . By your own words I take it you don't own any Forza game, and if you do, you rarely played them, and still suck at them). A guy like you don't know anything about Gran Turismo and the passion of racing and playing that marvelous game. So please, stop talking like you know shit of anything you think you're talking about, quit embarassing yourself and leave this thread to the people who love racing games, not fanboys like you who suck at them (and at many other things like arguing, lol)....

Ok, well, you were warned. I like how you try to rip me apart for being honest when you, have yet to show me a shred of honesty yourself. Sorry but I can't take what you say at face value.

Now, as for your silly statement...How in the hell is stating the obviouse, in otherwords, saying that Forza3 and GT5 will not be that different, fanboyish? At least I have the brains to say that they will both be good games, and the want to play both of them...unlike you. Hell, I have a feeling that if Forza was on the PS3 and GT was on the 360 you wouldn't touch GT because it doesn't play on your "far superior" console, and is therefore, inferior. You would most likly find some dumb ass reason why Forza 3 would be "far superior" to GT5 when it clearly will not. 

Hey, you took what I said out of context btw. While I said I don't enjoy most racing games I did say that I enjoyed NASCAR 1999 on the PC and I loved Need for Speed Most Wanted. I will be getting a racing wheel to play Forza 3 on (perhaps then I can actually play it) and am excited about playing it. Lets look at the last part of my statement where the real meat was... I said  "...but I love racing. I am actually planning to get Forza3, and if funds permit, and I can convince my wife to let me, buy a PS3 and GT5 (mainly for the Nascar racing...if you can fine tune your car)"  Funny, since I made it quite clear that I do play racing games, and while I may suck at them, I do enjoy certain ones. I also clarified that I am a racing fan. Please, learn to read before you post again lets I make you look like an idiot again. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!