By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you know that Wii MotionPlus and PS3 Motion Controller are the same?

Am really interested in the new PS motion controller, lets just wait and see if its truly accurate

@leo-j

Who the hell is shane XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Oh, and it looks even more like a sex toy than the Wiimote does, even when the latter has its condom on.

LOL yeah it does... at least the Wiimote practices safe sex... the PS3 "wand" will probably give you STDs lol!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

lmao

Editor in chief of gametrailers.com

the biggest journalist fanboy Ive ever seen (ok well he has changed..) which doesnt include kotaku's entire staff

mM

i personally don't see why people keep saying the wand is better than motionplus because it hasn't even released and personally i love motion plus and can't wait for no more heros desperate struggle which equals awesome wii sword fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

@Wii master

its all assumptions based on what has been demonstrated, we really dont know if the wand is better or worse, all we know is that wii motion plus works very well

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
@Wii master

its all assumptions based on what has been demonstrated, we really dont know if the wand is better or worse, all we know is that wii motion plus works very well

now thats what type of response i am looking for not one that says:

omg the wand is so much better and more accurate than the motion plus 

also motion plus is also 1:1 and it shows the most in wii sports resort and tiger woods pga tour 10  so i actually believe that motion plus is a success well not in sales but in my opinion and many others we will have to see if its a success in sales later on.....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Different technologies achieving very similar effects. PS Whateveritscalled might have an edge in that it's always calibrating, wiimote's edge is that it can lose line of sight without cutting off input. But it's really better if we wait for Sony to come out with commercial hardware and software before comparing the performance of the two solutions.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

And yet only one of them will still be selling 5 years from now.

well since sonys use camera tracking its possible that it will pick up full body motion making it more accurate that wii motion plus

I wouldn't really trust such a prototype demo as Sony was giving as there's a lot of smoke and mirrors that can go on there - Remember Killzone 2's first appearance? Or PS2 claims to Toy Story graphical quality? Even MS Natal's demo wasn't as 'real' as it appeared.

Until people get hands-on with an actual game with Sony's wand controller we won't know how good it actually works. Regardless, unless Sony starts including a Wand & eyetoy with every PS3 sold I can't see how it'll have enough of a base to ever matter.

MS had the right idea with Natal. They understood what Nintendo did and came up with their own unique solution to attract casual/non-gamers without copying Nintendo. Natal engages people's imagination to think of new exciting ways to play whereas the Wand comes off as 'been there, done that'