By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 whipping PS3 on BF1943

BladeOfGod said:
gembel said:
there are a lot of other good games on ps3 sadly.. why waste money on BF1943 :S

I agree, Warhawk is superior in almost every way

Those are both silly comments.  First of all, BF1943 is a great shooter that only costs $15, so if you are interested in all in getting a new shooter BF1943 would be a good choice.  And whats the last good shooter that has been released for the consoles?  If you are anything like me you've probably already became bored with it.

Lets assume Warhawk is a better game.  Is Warhawk the only game you played in the last 2 years?  Are you refusing to buy another game until something gets a higher score than Warhawk?

Around the Network

Consoles:
360: 32.24 m
PS3: 22.45 m

Ratio: 1.44:1

BF43 kills:
360: 28.31 m
PS3: 15.29 m

Ratio: 1.85: 1

This is significant because it shows the 360 is the favored console for shooters, something you may not have known before Battlefield 1943...

...if you were living under a rock.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

BladeOfGod said:
Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:
gembel said:

Did you played BF1943 ?

yes i downloaded the trial version and its very hard to controll tanks and air planes.

Apparently your fingers are more competent at writing flame posts then playing games.....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:
Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:
gembel said:

Did you played BF1943 ?

yes i downloaded the trial version and its very hard to controll tanks and air planes.

Apparently your fingers are more competent at writing flame posts then playing games.....

To be fair, the first 2 times I got in a plane I nosedived it into the ocean a la Top Gun on NES.  After a while you get the hang of it though.

deadt0m said:
Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:

To be fair, the first 2 times I got in a plane I nosedived it into the ocean a la Top Gun on NES.  After a while you get the hang of it though.

People know they can change the controls for vehicles, right?  You don't have to accept the crazy default control setup if you don't like it.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network

Besides, those are supposed to reflect WW2 vehicules... not futuristic (Warhawk style) machines...

Same remark for the guns... that is the beauty of the game...

Don't expect COD4 style reactivity here..

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

humb_lumi said:
Ps3 players are older.... like me... They have social life in the real world.... it was weekend... ps3 owners go to bars, nightclubs, etc.... they don't wanna spend 24 hours conected to a game to "Get more kills faster than another system"

Really? They have all that stuff on Home now?

badgenome said:
humb_lumi said:
Ps3 players are older.... like me... They have social life in the real world.... it was weekend... ps3 owners go to bars, nightclubs, etc.... they don't wanna spend 24 hours conected to a game to "Get more kills faster than another system"

Really? They have all that stuff on Home now?

What he says is that PS3 players don't play (...).

Sardauk said:
BladeOfGod said:
gembel said:

Did you played BF1943 ?

yes and warhawk is superior to it in every form possible, and I own it (opinions!)

I have battlefield on the 360 though, I didnt want to wait

mM

It's a shooter...
American 360 boys love their shooters, nuff said.

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com