By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Sony needs to STFU

johnathonmerritt said:
Activision's threat is very empty. First, Activision is not that big of a company. What would Sony lose? Call of Duty.

...and Guitar Hero...and Spider Man...Tony Hawk...X-Men...several other movie tie-ins...

And let me anticipate you. Nobody cares that you, personally, don't care about these titles, that you think Rock Band's better than Guitar Hero, blablabla. The general public enjoys and purchases lots of Activision titles. It would be a major loss, and you just can't spin that. Shoot, losing Call of Duty alone is a major oopsie.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Aiemond said:
johnathonmerritt said:
Sony is making the right decision. The need to make a profit. I don't know if the PS3 is making money yet or not, but the last I heard a few months ago, they were still losing money each console. Activision's threat is very empty. First, Activision is not that big of a company. What would Sony lose? Call of Duty. Losing one franchise is not a big deal compared to all the great games out on all consoles right now. Now, if EA were to tell that to Sony, they could have a problem.

Activision is the biggest third party.

Actually, I could've sworn it was EA.

No, it is activision, especially with the MMO revenue. Anyways, the threat mostly was that, a threat. I don't think they would do it, but if they had research and data saying the opportunity cost for doing a ps3 port outwieghed the money being used somewhere else then they would do something else. Most likely for smaller projects that won't sell much. This is also the same reason why some projects are not localized. 

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

I think Apple should make a console and hire the PR guys from Sony and MS.

I can't think of anything more entertaining.

Meh... it's PR... I never really let get to me...

4 ≈ One

Lord Flashheart said:
I think Apple should make a console and hire the PR guys from Sony and MS.

I can't think of anything more entertaining.

their own PR will do. they'll just make commercials bashing MS like they do now.

Around the Network

I don't hate Sony for their PR, but it does make me loose a bit or respect for them. I would think that it's a sign of weakness when a company resorts to name calling and ridiculous public posturing, and I hope that Sony suits can stop acting so immature and just be quiet so Sony fans can enjoy their games without any possible embarrassment.

i never listen to PR.

but what those 180,000 have done to create such a wonderful device like psp and ps3.
and have the company together.
and the quality both hardware have proven to have.
other wise, both microsoft (Ballmer, Reggie (we sell more here have some casuals) PR statements would have sent some ninjas to kill them.

CGI-Quality said:

Actually Mirson, your post history speaks for itself, people aren't just looking to pick on you. Just this very thread is a prime example, you NEVER post anything positive about Sony. So yeah, that's why you're touted as a "hater" or "PS3-basher".

OT: The article makes some decent points, but there are pieces I highly disagree with.

It's difficult to find something positive about Sony this gen. Every time I believe Sony will do something good, they somehow mess it up. PSPGo's is the latest example - just look at the price. Anyways, look at my early posts when I was in VGChartz. I was a huge Sony fan until E3 08 came up. It's Sony's fault we lost FFXIII.

Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:

Actually Mirson, your post history speaks for itself, people aren't just looking to pick on you. Just this very thread is a prime example, you NEVER post anything positive about Sony. So yeah, that's why you're touted as a "hater" or "PS3-basher".

OT: The article makes some decent points, but there are pieces I highly disagree with.

It's difficult to find something positive about Sony this gen. Every time I believe Sony will do something good, they somehow mess it up. PSPGo's is the latest example - just look at the price. Anyways, look at my early posts when I was in VGChartz. I was a huge Sony fan until E3 08 came up. It's Sony's fault we lost FFXIII.

PSP is not priced high because SONY wanted it to be...but to help negate the loss on PS3 price cut, consumers and 3rd parties want a price cut...SONY has to give it to them somehow...dude I think you just want to inly see the bad in SONY

Xxain said:
Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:

PSP is priced not high because SONY wanted it to be...but to help negate the loss on PS3 price cut, consumers and 3rd parties want a price cut...SONY has to give it to them somehow...dude I think you just want to inly see the bad in SONY

It's called tough love. I want to applaud them, but I can't. This just reeks of PS3's $599 price tag. It looks like they learned nothing from that, but if the PSPGo manages to sell well, then bravo. Don't get started on Sony's advertising...lol.