By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Sony needs to STFU

Xxain said:
Mirson said:
CGI-Quality said:

Actually Mirson, your post history speaks for itself, people aren't just looking to pick on you. Just this very thread is a prime example, you NEVER post anything positive about Sony. So yeah, that's why you're touted as a "hater" or "PS3-basher".

OT: The article makes some decent points, but there are pieces I highly disagree with.

It's difficult to find something positive about Sony this gen. Every time I believe Sony will do something good, they somehow mess it up. PSPGo's is the latest example - just look at the price. Anyways, look at my early posts when I was in VGChartz. I was a huge Sony fan until E3 08 came up. It's Sony's fault we lost FFXIII.

PSP is priced high because SONY wanted it to be...but to help negate the loss on PS3 price cut, consumers and 3rd parties want a price cut...SONY has to give it to them somehow...dude I think you just want to inly see the bad in SONY

And the high price of production of the ps3 was why it came out at such a high price. No matter how you look at it, Sony screwed up big time. If the ps3 is affecting psp prices like that it is a larger failure than we even thought. The fact is it should not cost the same as a current gen console, yet it does. There is no "good" in it. Other than having a pretty good 1st party line up SONY has done NOTHING right this gen. It lost exclusives, it lost marketshare, it lost brand power and it lost lots and lots of money. What good can you name?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
PullusPardus said:
what surprises me is no one talks about Nintendo. people always talked about Microsoft too btw, but nintendo... ?

Nintendo's PR is generally better and they usually don't take cheap shots at the competition. Not that Nintendo is flawless, but their amount of silly comments is tiny compared to Sony and Microsoft. Also, nobody takes Nintendo serious and listens to them.

Their PR would look really batty if they were sitting in last place too. Last generation Sony said stupid crap all the time but people generally listened to them because their console was first place by a long long way.

Tease.

noname2200 said:
BladeOfGod said:

btw noname 2200 you have lots of free time drawing that stuff

That's not my comic. Credit goes to Smeags. He's done several others. I can link you to them, if you're interested: they're pretty funny, and all VGChartz-centric.

yes please

agreed and couldn't have said it any better
now what sony needs to do is get a new sku which doesn't have the blu-ray player in it which makes the price go down like a lot and then announce that for like 200 or at highest 250 and then bring out some legendary exclusives and then watch it rise although ninty and ms would counter especially ninty with NSMBWii Yay and in that case i'd buy wii over sony 200 or 250 console because of NSMBWii but back to the point thats wat they need so sony shut up about what u think and how u r in a different world then ninty and u are the leader cause u r not the leader ninty is and ms at second so shut up and do wat i just said now............

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
agreed and couldn't have said it any better
now what sony needs to do is get a new sku which doesn't have the blu-ray player in it which makes the price go down like a lot and then announce that for like 200 or at highest 250 and then bring out some legendary exclusives and then watch it rise although ninty and ms would counter especially ninty with NSMBWii Yay and in that case i'd buy wii over sony 200 or 250 console because of NSMBWii but back to the point thats wat they need so sony shut up about what u think and how u r in a different world then ninty and u are the leader cause u r not the leader ninty is and ms at second so shut up and do wat i just said now............

This is the dumbest shit ever...if they take Blu Ray out..HOW THE $@#$ WOULD IT PLAY PS3 GAMES!!!!!!!...OMG the worst post ever on this site..Im saving this...

Around the Network

The guy nailed it? I'm sorry that is the stupidest article I've ever read. I actually thought you wrote it so I read the WHOLE DAMN THING.

noname2200 said:
Xxain said:
Mirson said:
Xxain said:
The article is right but he/you really think that the Big 3 would drop there pride???....of course not, SONY MS and NINTENDO are all arrogant

Yeah all three PR are bad at some point, but Sony's PR this gen is by far the worst I've seen. Telling consumers to get a second job to buy one of your products was flat-out terrible. Also who can forget '5 million will buy a PS3, even if it doesn't have games'. It shows you Sony were just relying on brand recognition. They were so overconfident and arrogrant, and I'm glad to see that it bite them in the ass. I had tons of respect for Sony, but it's all gone now.

SONY's in a situation where they have to arrogantly defensive...what do you want them to do??...be Activision bitch???..say "yea we may be in third" " dude its competition SONY's shown alot of weakness this gen..they cant show more especially in a war with MS

Humility is never a weakness...

in the capitalistic society we exist in today when it comes to business yes it is.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I am of the belief that we are to a place where saying Sony needs to STFU is almost old news. Things are about set in the marketplace. If Sony doesn't turn it around, then it doesn't matter if they talk or not.

No, Sony needs to GTFO of the console business before it goes bankrupt. The way they're doing things is really irresponsible. Better to cut a division and lose, say, a few thousand jobs than go bankrupt and lose a full 180,000.

The first step in solving a problem is to admit that you have a problem, and the best way to find out that you have a problem is from external criticism. Were it weren't for external criticism we would all walk around with our hands in our pants pleasuring ourselves. We had to be criticized about what we were doing to understand that it was inappropriate. I bet that just gave a lot of you flashbacks.

Criticizing Sony is not the problem. Only criticizing Sony is not the problem. Hell going out of your way to criticize Sony is not the problem. Even doing it from a deep seated need to destroy is not the problem. The problem is that there is a problem. You after all cannot shoot a gun without bullets. Ignoring a person that is shooting at you is no less asinine then ignoring someone merely for the reason that you have labeled them biased or even malicious.

Which is exactly what the writer is talking to. Labeling someone a hater so that you can ignore what they have to say is childishness in the extreme. Sony sticking its head in the sand is one thing, but fans doing the same thing really doesn't solve a thing. Ignoring something does not make it go away. In fact for some strange reason it seems to make things get worse, because as we all know things just magically get better when nobody is there to fix them.

We read what the writer is talking about on these forums every time we come on. We see these same childish antics every day. Casting down labels, and ignoring the subject at hand. Whether those who do this know it or not it is a sign that deep down they know the ship is sinking. After all a couple years ago they would have picked up the gauntlet. They even openly talked about what Sony needed to do to save the ship. Now all they can do is take out their frustrations on others. They even think the name calling is actually a valid argument.

Sony has problems. Well Sony has a lot of problems. I know some members were just thrilled to death that the PS3 finally got enough of a base to ensure it wasn't discontinued outright. That said as the author pointed out Sony doesn't have a option to take a breather. They need to be competitive. They aren't just going to get the games. They need to keep patching the ship. In the end the best thing the fans can do is to keep coercing Sony into doing the right thing for the brand. Which is not necessarily the same thing as the bottom line.

Sure the PS3 can go to the slow rot if that is what Sony intends, but as the article points out the third party developers aren't likely to tolerate that. No dumping the console isn't a bad move if the freed up staff gets a couple more games a year with higher attach rates. Sony needs to keep those rates up to keep the platform viable. Oh and for those saying no big deal. Ask Sega how losing the biggest third party developer helped their console business. A hint for you they are not in that business anymore. It is a issue with developer faith, and having a console die before you intended it to die. Well its not a good advertisement to consumers or developers. They are naturally very reluctant after something like that happens.

Anyway I feel where the writer is coming from. Criticism is good for the brand, because lets face reality right now the brand isn't very good. You got to beat the bad out of them, and that means macing idiocy where you find it, but for the real fans. You need to actually be advocating positive things to Sony. Recommend the things they ought to be doing.