By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean 4 vs. Infinite Undiscovery

^ im very happy to hear that Soriku!!! *teary eyed*

Around the Network

I think both games suck. The only jrpgs this generation that are really great are White Knight Story and Lost Odyssey (.....and maybe ToV and Demon Souls too).

@reaver

The complaint is not that the story failed to be epic. The complaint is that the story failed to even be decent. Hell it wasn't even mediocre. It was just plain awful. I would not be surprised in the least if it was scratched out on a napkin during a thirty minute lunch. I am also terrified that there might be someone out there that thought this was actually a good story.

There just isn't a excuse for this kind of shoddy workmanship. I expected the shadow puppets from Mystery Science Theater to emerge from the bottom of my screen at any moment to lampoon the entire thing. I mean Santa Clause Versus the Martians comes off as a great work of fiction in comparison. Go give a literature major a few hundred bucks to write a story in a couple hours, and you would get better.

S02 is an awesome game. I have the PSP version. Never got tired of hearing CLAUDE!

Heavenly_King said:

I think both games suck. The only jrpgs this generation that are really great are White Knight Story and Lost Odyssey (.....and maybe ToV and Demon Souls too).

I doubt White Knight Story has a great story and I doubt you know enough japanese to understand it's story fully anyways. As for Demon's Souls that's not even considered a jrpg its nothing more than a japanese developed game trying to be a wrpg. If anything else it would simply be an action rpg. Sudeki on Xbox is considered a jrpg made by a European developer so it has happened before on the other end of the spectrum.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:
Heavenly_King said:

I doubt White Knight Story has a great story and I doubt you know enough japanese to understand it's story fully anyways. As for Demon's Souls that's not even considered a jrpg its nothing more than a japanese developed game trying to be a wrpg. If anything else it would simply be an action rpg. Sudeki on Xbox is considered a jrpg made by a European developer so it has happened before on the other end of the spectrum.

That's a whole lot of assuming for someone who doesn't own either game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
LordMatrix said:
Heavenly_King said:

It's not like what I said about Demon's Souls isn't true just look at all the interviews,info and gameplay videos etc. As WKC um it's a JRPG so story is very heavy. It is more likely that he doesn't know the story fully even if he played it unless he is fluent in Japanese. Might be assumption but it is logical at the very least.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

LordMatrix said:
outlawauron said:
LordMatrix said:
Heavenly_King said:

It's not like what I said about Demon's Souls isn't true just look at all the interviews,info and gameplay videos etc. As WKC um it's a JRPG so story is very heavy. It is more likely that he doesn't know the story fully even if he played it unless he is fluent in Japanese. Might be assumption but it is logical at the very least.

But Demon's Souls isn't trying to be a WRPG. I mean, the gameplay is actually good so there are doubters, but the story is also good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Infinite Undiscovery sucks so hard it's not even funny. The dialogue, the characters and the story... oh gawd

Haven't played IU yet but I bought it because it was so damn cheap.
I like Star Ocean so far but the voices are really grating, especially Lymle ('kay!).