By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your gaming regrets thread

Buying a PS3 before getting an HDTV

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Buying DS so late in 2008, the system is absolutely incredible i should've got it when DSL was released or before that.

Not buying Mario Kart Wii (i still havent got it for some reason) when i want it i never have cash haha.

Breaking my N64, and getting rid of most of my games for it.

1. Choosing Dark Kingdom over Resistance: Fall of Man, when I first bought my PS3.
2. Heavenly Sword.
3. Ignoring Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
4. Believing in Square-Enix.

Currently playing: Marvel vs. Capcom 3, League of Legends

buying a wii at $250, i still think its overpriced, i should had waited years for a pricedriop.

marciosmg said:
Final Fantasy XII
Kingdom Hearts II

And I will stop here cause I probably angered a lot of people.

Only when you mentioned Kingdom Hearts II, in my opinion and lots of others, XII was a POS when being compared to VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X.

Oh and mine was probably buying Two Worlds for dirt cheap. It was that bad.

I returned it the next day for a full refund but a small piece died in me when I played that horrid RPG.

Around the Network

Just buying a 360....

well...I didn't own a PlayStation...I kinda wish I did because games would be a lot easier to find if I cared back then.

Ooh, and not buying Earthbound when you could like, yaknow buy it.

nen-suer said:
Buying a PS3 before getting an HDTV

HAHA!

Losing several consoles that I used to own (Dreamcast, broken PS1)

Not getting into the Playstation thing (PS1/PS2) sooner, now playing catch-up.

Buying Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Baten Kaitos Origins.

Playing MGS2, expecting to go back to playing as Snake or at least move to a different level besides the Big Shell but..............

Not beating FF7 the first time I got it in 2000. Saving my brothers money by getting Freedom Fighters instead of paying more for Super Mario Galaxy...why?.....

Being too afraid to play Resident Evil 1 (GC) for years, but then beating it last month and loving it.

Seeing Azure Dreams at Sam Goody for $15 and not exhausting every means of acquisition before it disappeared forever...................that has to be my BIGGEST ONE. I think about it everyday.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

- Buying an original gameboy advance. I liked the games for it, but the lack of a backlight made it impossible to play a lot of the time. Felt like one of the worst things I've ever owned from a hardware perspective. Mine was also translucent purple. Eww

- Selling my SNES and games.

- Not buying a wavebird gc controller sooner because they're now hard to find.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

In my teens, I had a real thing against stylized and cel-shaded graphics, despite being a big Nintendo fan. Because of this, I didn't play though Wind Waker, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door and others. I've since bought them, though.

These days, ironically, I think I prefer stylized graphics, and seeing the unique graphic style has been a big factor in a number of my recent game purchases, including Okami, Tales of Vesperia, Punch-Out!! and, of course, Valkyria Chronicles.