By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii has a great line up.

YesWiiCan said:
Zucas said:
Anyways for the rest of the year these are the Wii titles I'll most likely be getting:

Little King's Story
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Muramasa: Demon Blade
Dead Space: Extraction
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Rabbids Go Home
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Red Steel 2

Will wait more on things like Arc Rise Fantasia, Guitar Hero 5, Need for Speed: Nitro, etc.

Pretty good list. Too bad I have no money to buy a lot of games now.

For obvious reasons, I have difficulty knowing what games you currently own, but you have $100 to spend on Wii games for the rest of the year, right? So why not space it out by picking up good, but somewhat older, Wii games instead? This way, you can get 4-6 titles instead of just two.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
YesWiiCan said:
Zucas said:
Anyways for the rest of the year these are the Wii titles I'll most likely be getting:

Little King's Story
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Rabbids Go Home
Red Steel 2

Will wait more on things like Arc Rise Fantasia, Guitar Hero 5, Need for Speed: Nitro, etc.

For obvious reasons, I have difficulty knowing what games you currently own, but you have $100 to spend on Wii games for the rest of the year, right? So why not space it out by picking up good, but somewhat older, Wii games instead? This way, you can get 4-6 titles instead of just two.

Bingo, you're beggining to think like i do

Ari_Gold said:
noname2200 said:
YesWiiCan said:
Zucas said:

Little King's Story
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Rabbids Go Home
Red Steel 2

Why? I had $500 from 1st half and I have $100 to spend 2nd half.

Ari_Gold said:

Like I said earlier, more power to you for stretching out your dollar. In fact, I don't think I've paid full price for any game for years now, usually because I find someone offering $10 off on launch day or some such. And it's definitely smarter to wait a few months and buy the same thing at half price.

I'm just not that patient.

Hurray, I'll not have enough money to get a PS3 this year either. Damn you Wii, damn you...

Around the Network

You accidentally added Modern Warefare 2.

Has it been confirmed?

FootballFan said:
You accidentally added Modern Warefare 2.

Has it been confirmed?

It is going to be.

noname2200 said:
YesWiiCan said:
Zucas said:

Little King's Story
Wii Sports Resort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Rabbids Go Home
Red Steel 2

This way, in about a year, we'll have only Nintendo titles to play on our Wiis.

routsounmanman said:
noname2200 said:

True, but is it the consumers' duty to support publishers, or to support themselves? I understand what you're getting at, mind you, and for what it's worth I agree that this strategy is short-sighted. The problem is that as a consumer, you have to stretch what you've got as far as it can go.

And let's be blunt: lots of games (on all systems, not just the Wii) aren't worth the full retail price. Why else does nearly every publisher not named Nintendo drop the price on their games so quickly? Why is it that a handful of titles, like Call of Duty, stay at full retail years after release, but most don't? I submit to you that it's because we consumers are the ones who determine the value of the product, and demonstrably the bulk of us think most games have a value of under $50/$60. I thus have no problem with people waiting for a price drop.

Unless it's a Marvelous game. But you f***s never buy them (full price or reduced), so it's a moot point.

noname2200 said:
routsounmanman said:
noname2200 said:

True, but is it the consumers' duty to support publishers, or to support themselves? I understand what you're getting at, mind you, and for what it's worth I agree that this strategy is short-sighted. The problem is that as a consumer, you have to stretch what you've got as far as it can go.

And let's be blunt: lots of games (on all systems, not just the Wii) aren't worth the full retail price. Why else does nearly every publisher not named Nintendo drop the price on their games so quickly? Why is it that a handful of titles, like Call of Duty, stay at full retail years after release, but most don't? I submit to you that it's because we consumers are the ones who determine the value of the product, and demonstrably the bulk of us think most games have a value of under $50/$60. I thus have no problem with people waiting for a price drop.

Unless it's a Marvelous game. But you f***s never buy them (full price or reduced), so it's a moot point.

great post sir :), its not our duty to support publishers.