By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - No Alan Wake for PC

Mendicate Bias said:
Zkuq said:
Slimebeast said:
Zkuq said:
Fine, I won't play it at all then. Not the slightest chance of buing a game released by MS. And that's not only Alan Wake, that's ANY game released by MS. That is, unless this turns out to have been Remedy's decision. Right now I'm assuming it's a business decision, ie. MS's decision.

Also, I don't exactly see how this is confirmed. Seems more like a rumor.

So you wouldn't have bought it anyway (since MS would of course publish the PC version as well)!

We really feel for you.. aww...poor little pirate.

You seem to have a problem with distinguishing the future and the present. I won't buy any game released by MS because of this, though I might have bought this. I thought I already made it clear.

Besides, your attitude that all PC gamers are dirty pirates who never pay for their games is getting pretty annoying.

I find it funny/pathetic that you don't buy products from a certain company indiscriminate of how well made it is. It's great that you feel all cool and elite since you don't use MS products... wait aren't you using windows?

In the end I guess your only hurting yourself by imposing some laughable ethic code because of business practices that every and I mean every succesful, powerful company employs.

Have fun on your ego trip

Some people seem to lack principles. If they act in a way I don't like, I won't support them. Simple as that. No, I don't feel "all cool and elite", I do this because I don't like them. Windows, yes, but only because PC gaming is a lot harder on Linux. If I was a console gamer only, I'd have Linux already. Games are the only reason that are keeping me with Windows. Also, if PC gaming happened to die (not going to happen any time soon), I'll just switch over to Linux.

Also, I'm not hurting myself, I'm hurting the company by not supporting them. I can live without a couple of games, no problem. It's a bit different with Windows though, since it's more than "a couple of games". And in addition to that, I don't have very much problem with games being exclusive, I have a problem with games getting cancelled on some platforms. They've been promising a PC version since the beginning, now they're not so sure about it anymore. Anyway, I don't care if it's a business practice empoyed by every successful company. I'm a consumer, I think like a consumer and not like a company. Well, maybe I do think like a company but I will defend my rights and such as a consumer. MS is no expection, except for the fact that they're ripping off their consumers in every way possible (or at least more ways than their competition: Windows, Live, Games for Windows Live (original plans at least)... I'm sure there's tons of other examples as well but these are the ones I know the best).

Oh, and I know this doesn't sound very convincing. I just happen to have some trouble expressing my opinion in a clear way, even if my point is somehow visible.

Around the Network

^Zkuq, why are you whining when you get most of your games for free? "Some people seem to lack principles' you say, you hypocrite.

"If they act in a way I don't like, I won't support them." Well, it seems in this case MS didn't want to support you because of the same reason.

And I believe MS will survive even without you as a 'customer'.

Of course it will come to PC.
It's just a way to say "Microsoft paid/ordered us to promote the XBox version".

Smart move on MS part, and funny at the amount of 360 fans rejoicing when compare to the numbers that argue the pc market is not in direct competition with the 360 (or the sale number is insignificant), how a release on both system doesn't hurt the the 360/MS, how it doesn't matter because they're both MS platform blah blah blah.

Kinda ironic really.

Ah well, I guess it's the 360 version then, I was kinda on the fence on which version to get, I didn't want to get a 360 controller for the PC and I feel more comfortable playing Third-Person games with the controller, so I'd probably have gone with the 360 anyways. Plus this would have been part of the hated 'games for window' brand.

Slimebeast said:

^Zkuq, why are you whining when you get most of your games for free? "Some people seem to lack principles' you say, you hypocrite.

"If they act in a way I don't like, I won't support them." Well, it seems in this case MS didn't want to support you because of the same reason.

Any arguments? You seem to be repeating yourself. Did you even bother to read my post?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
so has all the footage thus far been the 360 then? people have often said.. "yeah it looks good but thats the PC version"

Na, they were showing off the initial game on PC, this was meant to have been one of the poster boy of DirectX 10 but since it got delayed into the shits that's not really much of an issue anymore for MS.

mibuokami said:
kowenicki said:
so has all the footage thus far been the 360 then? people have often said.. "yeah it looks good but thats the PC version"

Na, they were showing off the initial game on PC, this was meant to have been one of the poster boy of DirectX 10 but since it got delayed into the shits that's not really much of an issue anymore for MS.

Yes, the first trailer in 2005 was fully run on a PC. However, the E3 gameplay trailer was run on an Xbox 360.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Zkuq said:
Slimebeast said:

Any arguments? You seem to be repeating yourself. Did you even bother to read my post?

Because u make this an issue about Micosoft, when it's an issue of piracy! (and you was the one repeating yourself BTW)

And I hate liars and hypocrites.

Your game collection is mirroring my own, you're just too dishonest to admit that you are a huge pirate who wouldn't have bought Alan Wake in the first place.

I wouldn't have bought Alan Wake either because I'm always a PC gamer first, have a great rig and downloading is easy. But as it's exclusive on console now I actually will pay for Alan Wake as my X360 isn't modded.

Now some people won't have Alan Wake for free on their powerful PCs and that's why they are complaining IMO.