By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - No Alan Wake for PC

Shadowblind said:

Seems like its happening alot with Microsoft games now. Gears 2, Fable 2, Alan Wake, etc. Can't say its a bad business decision at all though, but its too bad for all 7 of the people in the world who have PCs strong enough to run Alan Wake

Yeah,and 2 of them ran out of money so they are going to torrent the Pc game,so...not a tragedy after all.

MS wins and so is the 360.

LoL @ shio : where is your glorious Pc gaming master race? Games are moving away from Pc to consoles,and not the other way around. You should know that the more market share the 360 and ps3 have,the more games will miss the Pc release (pirates and porting costs are to blame).

Around the Network

I sense a disturbance in the farce. Many members openly dismissed, and even ridiculed Microsoft's console for not having true exclusives. Mocked the console for sharing too many exclusive titles with the PC. Well Microsoft seemingly has taken many at their word, and the exclusive pipeline is getting pinched. You have nobody else to blame really. You had a valid argument why buy the 360 when you can just back door the games on the PC. Microsoft is upping the value of their brand, and this is a bad thing why.

I am not saying this is Microsoft's choice, but many members here have basically advocated a good reason for Microsoft to not push multiple platform approach. You have not given them a reason to dedicate the resources to make it happen more often. Do the smart thing and shell out a couple hundred for the console. This isn't the first game this has happened to, and it sure as hell will not be the last. So now not owning the console has a bit more sting to it.

You really won your argument. Microsoft is not porting as many titles, and they are obviously not feeling a pressing need to make sure their third parties are doing so. Do not throw down your gauntlet if you are not going to like the result if someone picks it up. Finally before anyone goes and lambastes Microsoft let us not forget that neither Nintendo or Sony are really jumping at the bit to get their games to the PC market are they. At least Microsoft throws the PC owner bones.

Really is is like biting the hand that feeds you, and calling them an idiot for doing so. I for one have never understood why gamers mocked Microsoft for its dual platform nature, or even made it an argument against the console. Many members were arguing that Microsoft's product was substandard, because they were not using software to strong arm gamers. Like Nintendo or Sony. Well which is it then do you agree with the PC losing titles so that the 360 gets more true exclusives, or were you just being full of shit?

A real question some members need to ask of themselves.

DirtyP2002 said:
shio said:
richardhutnik said:
Can't be true. No way. I just read that for your gaming needs, all you needed was a PS3 and a PC. How can this be true that there will be no PC version?

Blame Microsoft.

ahhh there you are.. *giving-shio-a-hug-to-welcome-him-to-this-thread*

Do you want to run a support session for Shio and PC/PS3 only gamers, who feel that the XBox 360 is just a flat out inferior way to play?  It has to be hard for them, thinking Microsoft wants to have some 360 only exclusives, or not do multisystem releases like they used to, with PC gaming not being where it is at.

Let me know if you need any help getting some milk and cookies ready for them.

ssj12 said:
madskillz said:
Pyro as Bill said:
I'm saying the PC version of every game looks better than it's 360 port so we'll never get to see how good the PC version looks.

Please, class, do NOT feed this troll. Muchas gracias.

why? what he said is true. PC > Console

As a norm, I would agree, but as GTA4 showed, games that lead development and are adopted later, run risks of being inferior on the PC, due to the developers not putting top people on it.  You have crazy spec demands, but also bugs, crashes and lock-ups that don't show up on consoles.  The main reason here, outside of inferior coding, is that the PC is not a stable platform, but has a wide range of target configurations to hit.

ssj12 said:
Shadowblind said:
Zkuq said:
Fine, I won't play it at all then. Not the slightest chance of buing a game released by MS. And that's not only Alan Wake, that's ANY game released by MS. That is, unless this turns out to have been Remedy's decision. Right now I'm assuming it's a business decision, ie. MS's decision.

Also, I don't exactly see how this is confirmed. Seems more like a rumor.

I would assume the part where the representative from Remedy said it would secure it as fact...

Well, thats one less pirated version I'd suppose.

Not true, you can pirate 360 games.

Yes but 360 games sells more than PS3 games (and ps3 doesn't have piracy) IMO:

GTA IV (360): 7.13 m
GTA IV (PS3): 5.67 m

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (360): 2.73 m
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3): 0.92 m

Fallout 3 (360): 2.40 m
Fallout 3 (PS3): 1.43 m

Halo 3 (360): 9.89 m
Killzone 2 (PS3): 1.73 m

Gears Of War (360): 5.90 m
Gears Of War 2 (360):4.98 m
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction: (PS3): 1.48 m
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3): 2.48 m

My point is: Is the piracy really a problem for the 360? I don't think so...

Around the Network

Great news!

PC is infested with pirates.

Zkuq said:
Fine, I won't play it at all then. Not the slightest chance of buing a game released by MS. And that's not only Alan Wake, that's ANY game released by MS. That is, unless this turns out to have been Remedy's decision. Right now I'm assuming it's a business decision, ie. MS's decision.

So you wouldn't have bought it anyway (since MS would of course publish the PC version as well)!

We really feel for you.. aww...poor little pirate.

Slimebeast said:
Zkuq said:

So you wouldn't have bought it anyway (since MS would of course publish the PC version as well)!

You seem to have a problem with distinguishing the future and the present. I won't buy any game released by MS because of this, though I might have bought this. I thought I already made it clear.

Besides, your attitude that all PC gamers are dirty pirates who never pay for their games is getting pretty annoying.

Zkuq said:
Slimebeast said:
Zkuq said:

You seem to have a problem with distinguishing the future and the present. I won't buy any game released by MS because of this, though I might have bought this. I thought I already made it clear.

Besides, your attitude that all PC gamers are dirty pirates who never pay for their games is getting pretty annoying.

I find it funny/pathetic that you don't buy products from a certain company indiscriminate of how well made it is. It's great that you feel all cool and elite since you don't use MS products... wait aren't you using windows?

In the end I guess your only hurting yourself by imposing some laughable ethic code because of business practices that every and I mean every succesful, powerful company employs.

Have fun on your ego trip

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
Zkuq said:
Slimebeast said:
Zkuq said:

I find it funny/pathetic that you don't buy products from a certain company indiscriminate of how well made it is. It's great that you feel all cool and elite since you don't use MS products... wait aren't you using windows?

In the end I guess your only hurting yourself by imposing some laughable ethic code because of business practices that every and I mean every succesful, powerful company employs.

Have fun on your ego trip

It seems like you and slimebeast can't understand Zhuq's point. He's not buying any GAMES from microsoft because they've screwed over PC gamers that have been looking foward to playing some games. It has little to do with his ego and more to do with Microsoft's/Remedy.

Also, who are you two to criticize him for being upset that a game that was promised on the PC ages ago may be canned because MS rather support their console? You guys have got to be some pretty big 360 nuthuggers if you think PC gamers (that actually legally buy games for windows) are supposed to appreciate this decision and run out to buy a 360 as a result. 

The reactions from some 360 owners are quite pathetic, even more so since this news has little to do with them.

I for one would have happily bought this game for windows but if it gets canned or delayed for PC, I'll end up renting it or borrowing it from a friend on the 360 instead, same goes for any other game (be it microsoft or not) that's in the same situation.