By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario: The Lost Levels , Too Hard?

so... the game that was too hard for Americans now lands on the VC.  IGN reviewed it, and said NOA made the right choice 20 years ago not bringing this outside of Japan! 

http://wii.ign.com/articles/824/824330p1.html

"The Lost Levels are hard, and frustratingly so. You may begin to understand just why this game was denied American release on your fifteenth attempt to get Luigi to land properly on that one-block-wide platform while being assailed by the swarm of flying Cheep Cheeps and the one stray floating Blooper."

i downloaded this the day it came out... and yeah, it's pretty hard.  what do you guys think?  too hard for non-Japanese gamers?

ps. and if you haven't downloaded this, and have never tried it in other releases, get it now!!!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

It does not matter what country you are from. Any American/European/Australian etc. can be just as good at that game as any Japanese person with some practice.

It's hard, but satisfying (kinda like Ninja Gaiden)

I don't have the VC version though - I played it years ago on Super Mario All-Stars for the snes.

epsilon72 said:
I don't have the VC version though - I played it years ago on Super Mario All-Stars for the snes.

me too. That was my first video game, All Stars and Super Mario World. ^_^

I played it when it first came out, and I felt it was challenging, but extremely fun (much more so than the original SMB). More than anything, it was fair and rewarding - especially those insane "full speed running, jump on trampoline, get blown sky-high, land on another trampoline, then get blown sky-high again" routine (starting on level 6, I believe?).

Will get the VC version, just for posterity's - and nostalgia's - sake.

Around the Network

This or Sin and Punishment, both are getting such high praise, but I'm not sure which to get...

To sum it up... YES! it's to flippin hard.

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Mr. Nice said:
This or Sin and Punishment, both are getting such high praise, but I'm not sure which to get...

Both. Buy one now, and when you can get more points, buy the other.

I'm getting sin and punishment with my next check (i've got 10 dollars to my name at the moment). I played lost levels back with Mario allstars, and yes it's hard. Very hard.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I remember playing it alot on Super Mario All-Stars

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book