By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Weekly Sales - How Low Before You Consider Sony in Trouble

Squilliam,

;)

I edited Sir

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Smashed said:
It's funny how all of you are attacking on the PS3, when you should stop and look at it's competitor.
Oh yeah! Then compare the prices.

Hhhmm.. ok.

M$ XBox 360 - $199 - $399

Nintendo Wii - $249

Sony PS3 - $399 - $499

Looks like the PS3 is much higher still, hense the low poor sales. That might be why people are still attacking the PS3.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Carl2291 said:
Smashed said:
Carl2291 said:
Smashed said:
It's funny how all of you are attacking on the PS3, when you should stop and look at it's competitor.

Dont start that.

Oh i'm not starting anything.. It's the truth.

I'm pointing out the obvious.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=78894&page=1

That thread is hilarious. It's so wrong and faulty it's not funny. Network repair $139?!?! LMAO!! You don't need a $99 WiFi adapter to get online. It comes with a ethernet cable. Doh!!! The first 30 days of XBox Live is FREE. So you don't even pay $50 to start.  BHR-3 doesn't have a clue . I got a few laughs out of it though.

'gaming till I'm gone'

You have to remember that the ps3 is still a year behind 360. I know so is the wii. 2 different consoles. No excuses, but I beleive Sony is fine. the gaming division is not the only thing Sony does you know. They also have the psp and ps2 selling and profiting on them. We all knew it would take time to build up just as the 360 did. Of course I really don't care much who is in first I just want to game when I have time. I do love the ps3 and I just bought this thing recently.

when 3rd parties stop making games for it..... so when ps4 drops?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
50K a week

If I am not mistake, I think the PS3 has been below that many times, so has the 360. 

Its great to be a ps3 owner! Its great to be a wii owner! Its great to be a 360 owner! The big thing is its great to be a gamer period!!!

gebx said:
PullusPardus said:
when gebx stop posting threads

The day Sony discontinues the PS3 will be my last week on these forums

Well I hope you got you red bull and guinness, because you are going to need the extra energy to help you troll for a long time.

XanderZane said:
Smashed said:

Hhhmm.. ok.

Nintendo Wii - $249

Sony PS3 - $399 - $499

Looks like the PS3 is much higher still, hense the low poor sales. That might be why people are still attacking the PS3.

Croiky a blind xbot...wut a rare sight in these forums!

no seriously if the ps3 is only behind the xbox by 20k a week than the xbox is also having poor sales if the ps3 sales are poor. they are then especially poor if the lowest price point for the xbox is 199

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

jacezo said:
XanderZane said:
Smashed said:

Hhhmm.. ok.

Nintendo Wii - $249

Sony PS3 - $399 - $499

Croiky a blind xbot...wut a rare sight in these forums!

no seriously if the ps3 is only behind the xbox by 20k a week than the xbox is also having poor sales if the ps3 sales are poor. they are then especially poor if the lowest price point for the xbox is 199

The difference is the XBox 360 sales % is higher this year, then last year, while the PS3 and even the Wii are much lower in sales. The Wii is only $250, yet its sales have dropped considerable compared to last year. So it's not all about price. All 3 systems are selling poorly do to the economy, but the PS3 is doing a lot worse then it's competition. Having a $1.3 billion in losses last year didn't help either.

Luckily Sony got wise and is releasing the PS3 Slim. They need to get rid of the 80GB and 160GB PS3's though, as the price cuts on those will actually cause Sony to lose even more money. If they concentration on the PS3 Slim alone, they should do ok this holiday season. They honestly couldn't do any worse then last year, that's for sure.

'gaming till I'm gone'