By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation 3 outsells the xbox 360

Some, not all, but some people have said that the xbox 360 is a better system because it sold more units than the playstation 3. But they are forgetting the fact that the system had a year head start before the wii and playstation 3 were released. So of course it is going to have more sales than its competitor because it had a one year advantage. If the xbox 360 was released around the same time as the wii and playstation 3 (as it should have in order to decrease the probability of having consoles fail), then the playstation 3 would have been second in the sales rank and people wouldn't have wrongly accuse it for not outselling the xbox 360.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php

I'm not here to proof that the xbox 360 is a bad console, I'm just tired of people saying that the playstation 3 is terrible because it is last (like the gamcube). Hopefully this can silence xbots about sales.

Around the Network

This is the first time I've seen this!

If you can chance the time-space continuum ps3 is outselling 360!

But war... war never changes

???????????????????????????

Isn't the xbox outselling the ps3 now?

Here we go again

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

£166 vs £299

So because the 360 had a headstart must mean that the PS3 will live one year longer !!!

.....surely not

ps3 is going to be under 100k worldwide this week. There sales are slumping, not going up and xbox is outselling it currently and has been for a long time on a weekly basis.

This thread is a failure like all the rest just like it

WheelStriker said:

£166 vs £299

I'm assuming that's how much Microsoft offered you to do viral marketing for them vs. how much Sony offered you?

Then that would also mean that Wii has crossed 50% marketshare.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.