By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 vs Halo 3:ODST

Slimebeast said:
Funny thread.

Halo 3 got 94% on Metacritic and has sold 10 million copies.

Uncharted got 88% and sold 2.5 mill thanks to bundles.

I think it's pretty safe to say that not only will Halo 3: ODST outsell Uncharted 2, but it will also be the better game.

Well:

1.Isn't/wasn't halo 3 bundled heavily too?
2.Halo 3 is a game with a lot of focus on multiplayer, while UC is single player only, thus reducing the chance for players to buy a new UC, when they have the possibility to buy used/rent the game.
3.And if you look on gamerankings, which looks at a bigger number of reviews, Halo 3 got 93.3 while uncharted got 89.6, a 3.7 point difference between a new IP, without heavy marketing, without hype, without multiplayer (that adds a lot of "value" to the game) and without a legacy, to probably the most marketed and hyped game ever, with a very strong multiplayer component.
When you look at them this way, you gotta ask yourself not if UC2 will be better/worse than ODST, but if it is even logical to compare their quality right now based on previews games?

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

I finished halo3:odst, and I was Uncharted 2 beta tester and for what I see, Uncharted 2 is 1000x better.

Don't loose time trying to compare this two games because there is no comparation.

Uncharted 2 = GOTY 2009

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

Lots of Crow eating to be had in this thread

everyone seems to think odst will move more consoles than uncharted 2, but i disagree.

we already saw that odst moved about 20 thousand consoles. that was to be expected. uncharted 2 however is a def goty contended, and it looks powers of magnitude better than the last one. people will get a ps3 to play this game. it just came out today, and i think when the numbers are in we can expect to see a raise about 25k above the the usual holiday growth.

art is the excrement of culture

Halo will sell more, granted. As for which one will push consoles...neither.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 is going to sell more.

This is a flamebait thread. I mean seriously...why are these allowed to go on? *sigh*

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

halo will win more but uncharted seems to be the better game based on reviews and the fact that is MOTHER ficking awesome!!!!!!!(fanboy moment there)

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Seece, Norlead and Mr K owes tony_parker an apology. You guys were not just wrong, it was borderline trolling, just sad to read.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

We'll we know now that OSTD failed to push the 360 ahead in any region against the PS3 so looks like like it wasn't a system seller after all....