By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Let me add to your "Been there done that" list.  Shhhh... dont tell anyone.  Theres this store called "CASH for Games"  They broke street date again with NCAA 10 .  Thier selling it now for Xbox 360 and Ps3.  GET YOURS NOW!!  So I can kick your butt first!!

Around the Network
Tony_Parker said:
Yeah if you remove 75% of the AAA games I listed, it looks on par but well... I don't say MS did nothing, they actually do a great job (at least until the end of 2008 and Gears 2 they did) to secure SOME timed exclusives and a few PC / 360 half exclusives but :

- with 3 studios vs 20+ studios, they just can'k keep up with Sony on the exclusive sides

- they will buy less and less 3rd party exclusives (they actually buy none now) because due to the big PS3 installed base, it would just cost them too much, even DLC will soon be too expansive to buy for them (23 million PS3 means a lot of copies to pay to the 3rd party pulisher)

- among those PC / 360 exclusives, a lot of them still make their way to the PS3 later in enhanced versions, like bioshock, tales of vesperia, ninja gaiden 2, probably mass effect 1/2 later...

MS does great, but on the long run, they can't compete with Sony contentwise due to the simple lack of studios.

Anybody claiming that a company with a handful of internal studios can compete in content with Sony tons of studios is a fool. Actually from 2008 it's pretty obvious PS3 has more quality content. The only reason 360 could compete at the start is because it was possible to buy multiple 3rd parties exclusives due to the low PS3 installed base. It's definitely over since 2008, and it shows.

You're making no sense. You keep saying a company with only 3 studios can't compete with a company that has 20+ yet people keep showing you how in fact they are competing by showing you game comparisons and not claiming things with opinions or what should be happening like you are. You're the only one claiming something over and over again and not proving it. Rare has yet to churn out IPs for the 360 since 05-06 so all these exclusives are without Rare.

The only reason alot of 360 exclusives are on the PC is because MS allows it. They allow it because they make even more money and are even planning deeper intergration with PC. Some of things on 360 now or that will be will on the 360 will also be on the PC not as standalone but as an extension of the 360 and alot more games being cross platform. The strategy with the timed exclusives is blunting the effect of these great IPs. Take Bioschock for instance. This game sold about 2 million+ on the 360 but on the PS3 I don't think it ever got past 500k.

Why can't you just stop being a fanboy and recognize the 360 has a very good lineup for 09 and 2010. I don't like sony (they never not to something half assed) and don't own a PS3 but after E3 09 I was excited for some of the great IPs the PS3 is getting in the coming 4-12 months and have decided I will purchase the PS3 slim because of it(also because I have just one friend who owns a 360, the rest of the 15+ gamer friends I have own a ps3).

Both companies are bringing the heat when it comes to game lineups, just be happy and be a gamer first and foremost, not a sony fan first, everything else second. 

Tony_Parker said:
@dlcKeeL : Many people have a PC in the world (and some like me a PS3/PC) . They have no reason whatsoever to buy a 360 if every game is available on their PC in a better version.

So of course in their case and in my case it matters, I won't buy the game twice. I either buy it on 360 OR on PC (or I download the PC version on the net, but I like the games too much to do that).

PC = a game machine

PS3 = a game machine

360 = a game machine

They definitely compete with each other. There's no reason whatsoever to exclude PC gamers or PC games...

Exclusive = available only on a single game machine

360 / PC = TWO game machines

I can't believe someone will make themselves sound so foolish to make their favorite company look good. Yes! There about 20x more PC owners than console owners period. However, there are much fewer who own a PC that is a suitable gaming machine. Most people don't have the knowledge to upgrade their pc to make it a gaming pc and/or don't want to bother constantly throwing money at it to play the latest games. You'd have to be a pretty hardcore gamer to prefer to upgrade your pc over buying a console. The fact is most gamers are mainstream and even more so, casual gamers and these people don't care enough about games to see the PC as an option.

I don't know the exact statistic but probably about 99% of PC owners do not own their pc to use it as a gaming machine. Remember the PC is not primarily a gaming machine, gaming is just one of the many things it can do. The PC does not compete with consoles.

Of course you know this but act ignorant to make an invalid point. 

Tony_Parker said:
@dlcKeeL : Many people have a PC in the world (and some like me a PS3/PC) . They have no reason whatsoever to buy a 360 if every game is available on their PC in a better version.

So of course in their case and in my case it matters, I won't buy the game twice. I either buy it on 360 OR on PC (or I download the PC version on the net, but I like the games too much to do that).

PC = a game machine

PS3 = a game machine

360 = a game machine

They definitely compete with each other. There's no reason whatsoever to exclude PC gamers or PC games...

Exclusive = available only on a single game machine

360 / PC = TWO game machines

I can't believe someone will make themselves sound so foolish to make their favorite company look good. Yes! There about 20x more PC owners than console owners period. However, there are much fewer who own a PC that is a suitable gaming machine. Most people don't have the knowledge to upgrade their pc to make it a gaming pc and/or don't want to bother constantly throwing money at it to play the latest games. You'd have to be a pretty hardcore gamer to prefer to upgrade your pc over buying a console. The fact is most gamers are mainstream and even more so, casual gamers and these people don't care enough about games to see the PC as an option.

I don't know the exact statistic but probably about 99% of PC owners do not own their pc to use it as a gaming machine. Remember the PC is not primarily a gaming machine, gaming is just one of the many things it can do. The PC does not compete with consoles.

Of course you know this but act ignorant to make an invalid point. 

^^the reason Bioshock sold better on 360 was it because it was launched for 360 1 year earlier, its 30$ cheaper than PS3's version and because of 360's bigger userbase in america

Around the Network

360 has a 'okay' lineup in 2009 and 2010 with a few exclusives, mostly available on my PC. Some DLC too.

And yeah I use my PC for gaming, like a dozen of my friends, I guess we're from another planet, I don't know. We had a Counterstrike clan on PC, like millions of gamers. WoW players must be aliens too, they're still 13 million, that's more than half the 360 online population so it must be a big planet.

Still, 360 2009/2010 lineup is - to me - a bit poor compared to Sony lineup which is full of great exclusives. That's my opinion, I gave a partial list, no need to come back on that.

Maybe I'm not addicted to Halo spinoffs, those are my tastes after all. I gave clear explanations and talked about game genres, no need to come back on that.

What is sure though, what is a fact, is until now in 2009, the 360 has ZERO full exclusive game that got 90+ on metacritic, while PS3 had two (Killzone : 92, MLB09 : 90).

It doesn't prove my point, but it proves until now in 2009, PS3 definitely had more AAA full exclusive games than the 360, according to the common definition (AAA = 90+ on meta).

BladeOfGod said:
^^the reason Bioshock sold better on 360 was it because it was launched for 360 1 year earlier, its 30$ cheaper than PS3's version and because of 360's bigger userbase in america

Yes, all those things can be put under blunting. I didn't say anything different.

You don't need a good pc to play WoW. Someone made that argument here, so I'm using this as a counter argument. WoW has crap graphics and that's why it's so popular because almost any pc can play it even my 9 year old pc can play it without lag.

Tony_Parker said:
360 has a 'okay' lineup in 2009 and 2010 with a few exclusives, mostly available on my PC. Some DLC too.

And yeah I use my PC for gaming, like a dozen of my friends, I guess we're from another planet, I don't know. We had a Counterstrike clan on PC, like millions of gamers. WoW players must be aliens too, they're still 13 million, that's more than half the 360 online population so it must be a big planet.

Still, 360 2009/2010 lineup is - to me - a bit poor compared to Sony lineup which is full of great exclusives. That's my opinion, I gave a partial list, no need to come back on that.

Maybe I'm not addicted to Halo spinoffs, those are my tastes after all. I gave clear explanations and talked about game genres, no need to come back on that.

What is sure though, what is a fact, is until now in 2009, the 360 has ZERO full exclusive game that got 90+ on metacritic, while PS3 had two (Killzone : 92, MLB09 : 90).

It doesn't prove my point, but it proves until now in 2009, PS3 definitely had more AAA full exclusive games than the 360, according to the common definition (AAA = 90+ on meta).

God you dissappoint. There are too many of you unreasonable fanboys on this thread. See how you spew your sarcasm and even condescending tone.

No, you aren't from another planet you are just the minority. What is wrong with you. All PC gamers are very hardcore gamers and alot of them are also very niche gamers. Those 13 million WoW players are over time not all at once, not everyone constantly keeps renewing accounts. These gamers are also a group set apart from the console users. I mean most console users take into account things like subscription fees. Take the Live and PSN issue for instance. Constantly used on here as an argument and considered by all console gamers when making decisions. Alot of them have a problem with it some don't. However, those PC gamers not only waste money upgrading but they also waste money on subscription fees for their MMOs that are usually more than twice that of the Live subscription fee.

Do you see how PC gamers are a different animal than console gamers. Most people don't hold gaming in high enough regard to pay and devote so much time on their games and the machines they play them on. Consoles don't compete with the PC.  

Since i left this thread last night it has recieved some of the most biased posts... ever.

(selnor and Tony_p take the cake people)

But seriously...
Its a good list, people need to get a grip.