By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PS3 rumors

This may seem a little vague, but what should we make of the recent barrage of rumors that have come out regarding the PS3? Which of them should we believe and which are bullshit?

1.) BC coming back.

2.) MGS4 and KZ2 bundle at Best Buy.

3.) PS3 slim to be released in July.

4.) PS3 slim being manufactured in Taiwan.

5.) PS3 price drop.

Which of these rumors are actually backed by solid evidence? And what do we make of Sony's denials or silence regarding them?

Finally, and this is a continuation of one of my previous posts, taking all of these rumors into account, what can we expect in the future for the PS3? And what happens if none of them are true, and things continue as they have been for the last year or so? How long will the PS3 be viable if its price remains constant and those of the Wii and 360 continue to drop?

Also, like I did with the other posts, I posted the same topic in other forums. I didn't do this to troll, but rather to get as much feedback as possible.

I don't know if "Gaming Discussion" is the right place for this, so the mods might end up moving it.

Around the Network

They aren't new and Sony's silences usually mean it's happening but July Slim seems too good to be true, they would have said something at E3, it's all too soon because...well...we are in July right now O.o

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

1. 2. 4. 5.

Slim will be releasing along side GT5, November/December sometime.

I'm certainly heading down the Best Buy this weekend and picking up that bundle. It's way too good a deal.

An ass whopping waiting to happen if true!!! We will see in a few months.

Around the Network

I think all are true bar the july slim release. Its the best course of action for sony, a 120gb slim ps3 at £229.99 and $299.99 (just my prediction) with BC is good value i think, but it does need to go down a little more to truly get in its stride, but a $100 price cut would still be very good in my opinion.

Yes, could they handle a price drop.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Hey, this is another question for which I'd like some honest feedback: If the PS3's price remains constant and BC doesn't come back but the 360's and Wii's prices drop, how long can it remain on the market before it, as I said before, goes the way of the Dreamcast? And how much faith should we put in Ars Technica's mole?

Again, I'm just trying to gauge the worst-case scenario, so please don't take this as fanboyism or trolling.

I thought it was rumored that ps3 slim was not out in july, but the production of them started in july, so id go with carl and say all the rest is right and the ps3 slim will be out later in the year