By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled. Who else is playing this?

Xxain said:
is it challenging??? or cakewalk

Okay... you asked...  The game is brutal. 

The random encounter rate is such that you can walk as few as 2 steps between battles.  You will fight dozens and dozens of random encounters just exploring a single dungeon.  Also, the enemies in those random encounters use spells which hit the whole party, skills which do a lot of damage, come in groups of 3-4, and inflict status effects.  The first few random encounters you'll meet in the game feature 3-4 enemies that each deal like 4-11 points of damage per hit while your one character has 60ish or so HP.

The developers also love status effects, almost every encounter has one enemy that flings poison, blindness, silence, etc.  Be prepared to run into enemies that can confuse or charm you even early in the game.  Of course, you get items that do stuff like this too.  One of my favorite accessories is called Cursed Juju which blinds, silences, or does both to enemies on hit.

Finally, enemies have final attacks they unleash when they die.  Thought you won the battle did you?  Well the enemy casts a death spell and slays one of your party members in one shot.  Some enemies hit you with spells, skills, area attacks, and more when they die so be prepared for it.  I almost got a gameover when two nasty enemies died at the same time and cast area of effect attacks on my whole party.  Only one character survived.

Also, the game will drop you into dungeons at times with nowhere to fully heal, rest, or buy items once you enter so if you don't have enough healing items to keep you alive until you make it out or to a safe place, you are in deep trouble.

Black Sigil is one of the most brutal RPGs I've ever played in terms of difficulty and grinding an extra level or two does not make much of a difference.  Be prepared to get killed a lot, make liberal use of the run button, and end up in some very dire straits if you leave town unprepared.

Around the Network

wow that brought a tear to my eye....I cant wait for this, beautiful discription

Words Of Wisdom said:
Xxain said:
is it challenging??? or cakewalk

Okay... you asked...  The game is brutal. 

The random encounter rate is such that you can walk as few as 2 steps between battles.  You will fight dozens and dozens of random encounters just exploring a single dungeon.  Also, the enemies in those random encounters use spells which hit the whole party, skills which do a lot of damage, come in groups of 3-4, and inflict status effects.  The first few random encounters you'll meet in the game feature 3-4 enemies that each deal like 4-11 points of damage per hit while your one character has 60ish or so HP.

The developers also love status effects, almost every encounter has one enemy that flings poison, blindness, silence, etc.  Be prepared to run into enemies that can confuse or charm you even early in the game.  Of course, you get items that do stuff like this too.  One of my favorite accessories is called Cursed Juju which blinds, silences, or does both to enemies on hit.

Finally, enemies have final attacks they unleash when they die.  Thought you won the battle did you?  Well the enemy casts a death spell and slays one of your party members in one shot.  Some enemies hit you with spells, skills, area attacks, and more when they die so be prepared for it.  I almost got a gameover when two nasty enemies died at the same time and cast area of effect attacks on my whole party.  Only one character survived.

Also, the game will drop you into dungeons at times with nowhere to fully heal, rest, or buy items once you enter so if you don't have enough healing items to keep you alive until you make it out or to a safe place, you are in deep trouble.

Black Sigil is one of the most brutal RPGs I've ever played in terms of difficulty and grinding an extra level or two does not make much of a difference.  Be prepared to get killed a lot, make liberal use of the run button, and end up in some very dire straits if you leave town unprepared.

After Demon's Souls, I don't know how much punishment I can take.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Demon's Souls better be good...this was literally my very next purchase and WoW is making it sound soo good

Xxain said:
Demon's Souls better be good...this was literally my very next purchase and WoW is making it sound soo good

Did you import or are you waiting for the American release?

Around the Network

i bought saturday should be by end of week

Xxain said:
i bought saturday should be by end of week

Hmm, I would have just waited.

nope...i dont care about the special edition...as long as there now added game features im not worried( and if it is should be patchable)

omg

lol your first post " OMG'