By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled. Who else is playing this?

If I ever see this game at an Canadian EB games store, I will purchase it without hesitation. Until then, I am glad to see some people enjoying it.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
elgefe02 said:
I am .. and I love it.

I am at isapolis right now... the game is great... if only the random encounters were less frequent.

Where you are at the game?

I'm at Seremaze/Polemaze... one of the two.  Basically it's roughly a dungeon or so ahead of you.

@outlawauron : If you want to try it then you should try it so what's stopping you?

what is your favourite Formation?

The Music is nice, If you like FF6 and Chrono Trigger you will enjoy this game.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

elgefe02 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
elgefe02 said:
I am .. and I love it.

I am at isapolis right now... the game is great... if only the random encounters were less frequent.

Where you are at the game?

I'm at Seremaze/Polemaze... one of the two.  Basically it's roughly a dungeon or so ahead of you.

@outlawauron : If you want to try it then you should try it so what's stopping you?

The Music is nice, If you like FF6 and Chrono Trigger you will enjoy this game.

This is the main reason i'm interested in this. Especially Since Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorites. I fear though, that this will take far too long to reach EU shores or wont make it here ever. If such is the case then once again i'll have to take a trip to EBAY.

How technical is your game?

elgefe02 said:

Early on I prefer Kairu, Aurora, and Isa.  Both Kairu and Aurora get combos with Isa that heal the whole party which makes staying alive early on much easier and allows you to conserve SP for attacking.

Right now I'm to a point where Kairu, Aurora, and Nephi are my party members of choice.  The more I use Nephi the more I enjoy his special moves.  The ones that paralyze enemies and reduce their attack/defense abilities are great.  Plus since I gave Aurora the Ixion Glove which gives her a long range attack and Nephi already has a long-ranged attack, they can both sit back and fling nasty spells while Kairu runs up and cuts the enemies in half.  It makes it much easier to fight enemies in cramped battle areas.

My actual Formation is Kairu, Isa and Nym.

I will try the Ixion Glove I have it but I did not tried it yet.

And guys, the game has a nice and funny dialogue... I really recommend this game to Old School RPG gamers.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

dammit i should of got this first :(

elgefe02 said:

And guys, the game has a nice and funny dialogue... I really recommend this game to Old School RPG gamers.

Speaking of funny dialogue, I love the easter eggs.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference was priceless.

WOW, do you have a tier on the characters?

elgefe02 said:
WOW, do you have a tier on the characters?

Not really.  I'm still missing one of the characters and the rest are pretty well balanced. 

As you get toward the end of the game, it's less about which character is strong individually and more about what characters are strong together.  For example, why use one character's 99 SP skill to do less damage than a 12/18 SP combo with two characters?  Right now I only have a few characters that have a shortage of combos but those will fill out once I get a bit further I think.

So far the game is motivating me to find characters that work well together and I'm pretty happy about that.  The way I approach battles with Kairu/Aurora/Isa is totally different from the way I approach them with Kairu/Aurora/Nephi. 

is it challenging??? or cakewalk