By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Professor Layton hints at new Smash Bros.

On the Twitter-site of Professor Layton he hints at a new Smash Bros.

"I received an invitation this morning to something called the "Grand Smash Brothers Tournament". Does anyone know anything about it?"

"This is nothing like what I expected! I was told to FIGHT a blue robot boy, a possessed doll, and a tiny boxer! I'm leaving at once!"

Obviously he's talking about Mega man, Geno and Little Mac.

Now what do you think: is it a hint of things to come or just a way of getting more people to visit the site. I believe it's way too early to release another Smash Bros.

My former account was HeSSeH, but I lost it. 

Around the Network

Oh god I hope so, but is this guy any credible? Has he predicted anything correctly before? The stuff on the site sure doesn't look like he's an insider... So I doubt that this has any credibility whatsoever.

I really want this game, even if it is sooner than usual. The incusion of Megaman itself makes it worth it for me. Let's hope it's credible.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Wow, this is interesting. Maybe we'll see a new Smash Bros in 2010/2011!? Hopefully with downloadable characters :)

forest-spirit said:
Wow, this is interesting. Maybe we'll see a new Smash Bros in 2010/2011!? Hopefully with downloadable characters :)

I have been thinking this too. It would be cool if you could download a new fighter, stage or music when they release a new game.

My former account was HeSSeH, but I lost it. 

Around the Network

I'm sure the next Smash Bros will be on a handheld. But I thought it would on the successor to the DS.

I don't think this means a new game, although that would be great.

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

If they made it possible to download stuff from the new games then it would decrease sales for the new game so they probably wouldn't do that.

Maybe a DS Smash Bros? That would be awesome! Especially if you could play as Layton, Mega Man, Geno, and Little Mac!

Though, due to how awesome all of those characters are, it seems like it may be just some random dude trying to work us into a frenzy.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

What the heck would Prof. Layton do in a Brawl game anyway? I think they were just having a little fun. I wouldn't read anything serious into that.

awsome. maybe we'll see it around 2010/11. but i think nintendo might do what they have been doing for the past smash bros. games. one a gen. or i could be wrong. hopefully it will come with DLC.