By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Professor Layton hints at new Smash Bros.

I would love to play as megaman in a smash game

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
What the heck would Prof. Layton do in a Brawl game anyway? I think they were just having a little fun. I wouldn't read anything serious into that.

I don't know, but they found a way to make ROB and Mr. Game & Watch work when they by rights shouldn't have.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Hmm, smash bros DS? The guys that make super smash bros. on the console are now making TMNT: smash up, so a new smash bros. for the wii is very unlikely.

dsister44 said:

I know, I'm the same way. He's not really a complex character to figure out how he will work as well. You got a few punch and kick attacks designed although would function like a 12 year old punching and kicking. IE, see Marvel vs capcom.

Your standard Special, B. Charges up your Buster and releasing B would cause it to fire. So unlike samus who can store her energy for when you need it, Megaman would be unable to do such a thing and would require hit and run tactics in order to function to the best of his ability.

Down-B would most likely be a grab and a effort to absorb powers like kirby. Absorbing powers would give you a blast equilivant to the character's personality. For example, absorbing snake would likely have you firing little fragment grenades in random directions. After absorbing someone's abilities, down-B is now mapped to use said ability and megaman changes color to reflect his change. In the case of multiple megamans, it would be natural to assume they would have a lighter and darker tone megaman. Much like how they do already for multiple characters in team-matches.

Up-B would summon Rush, who would transform with megaman giving him a temporary flight ability. Much like pit, however. Unlike pit who is able to activate this power on the fly, megaman should require a tiny bit of activation time. Activating Up-B too late could cause him to plummet to his demise.

Side-B is up for grabs, I don't entirely know what you could do with Side-B.

This is all assumption, but considering a character like that. That would be completely and totally awesome.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Probably just them having fun with us, like GameRace said

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
NightstrikerX said:
dsister44 said:

I know, I'm the same way. He's not really a complex character to figure out how he will work as well. You got a few punch and kick attacks designed although would function like a 12 year old punching and kicking. IE, see Marvel vs capcom.

Your standard Special, B. Charges up your Buster and releasing B would cause it to fire. So unlike samus who can store her energy for when you need it, Megaman would be unable to do such a thing and would require hit and run tactics in order to function to the best of his ability.

Down-B would most likely be a grab and a effort to absorb powers like kirby. Absorbing powers would give you a blast equilivant to the character's personality. For example, absorbing snake would likely have you firing little fragment grenades in random directions. After absorbing someone's abilities, down-B is now mapped to use said ability and megaman changes color to reflect his change. In the case of multiple megamans, it would be natural to assume they would have a lighter and darker tone megaman. Much like how they do already for multiple characters in team-matches.

Up-B would summon Rush, who would transform with megaman giving him a temporary flight ability. Much like pit, however. Unlike pit who is able to activate this power on the fly, megaman should require a tiny bit of activation time. Activating Up-B too late could cause him to plummet to his demise.

This is all assumption, but considering a character like that. That would be completely and totally awesome.

Side-B would be easy: just make him Mega Man X and give him the Dash move

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
NightstrikerX said:
dsister44 said:

Side-B would be easy: just make him Mega Man X and give him the Dash move

Actually, for the original megaman. Side-B could be his slide. He'll slide around the arena at a good speed. I don't see Megaman being the fastest character around, so a Slide that gives him a slight boost would be nice. But it would only be usable on the ground sadly.

X would be a nice character to include, but the original megaman is a much more likely candidate than X. If anything, I would prefer to see Zero over X.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Smash Bros DS confirmed? i hope it's not new Smash Bros for a wii - i love nintendo for the fact that aside for few of their series(Metroid, Mario Party) they tend to release one game from every series per system - those are huge games and packed with content. i hate sony and other publishers for constanlty releasing new games from their franchises like Ratchet that aside from new weapons/levels/cars and slightly bumped graphics don't have anything new - release one 60$ game, but big one, not 3 games that should be one title from the start and then make us pay 60$ for every "new game" that is basically new levels and cutscenes.

Dang, sounds pretty cool but I'm not ready for a new SSB Wii. New characters would be cool thoguh

Meh, probably some funny little something that a lot of people read into way too much.
Can't see it happening.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046