By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's registers a new PS logo with the Japanese trademark office...

Woah a hat-trick up there.

That new logo seems that it could be designed by a 12 years old. Are Sony up to something?

Around the Network

They are always up to something. Usually no good, or something not terribly clever. That logo must be a little bit of both. The old brand logo was nothing fantastic either, but at the very least it had some artistic merit, and made you focus on it for a couple seconds. You know what is real scary perhaps being jagged is part of the look they are going. Perhaps on the document it says must be jagged.

reminds me of the logo for the 2012 olympics that some t*t made for hundreds of thousands of pounds (cant remeber exactly but i think it was £400k) with the exception that this has no colour....basically colour is all that logo had going for it (bright pink and yellow) so this is even worse.

maybe, again like the olympics logo, it "looks good when it moves"

Maybe if they would use some collors ... not bad , but I like the original one batter to :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I know what the logo needs the characters in the foreground need to be in pastel blue, yellow, pink, and purple. Then the object in the background needs to be in army camouflage. Now that would be a powerful logo.

Think about it guys. That would accomplish everything that Sony wants. That would definitely get and hold your attention. Imply an all inclusive culture. Totally confuse the masses like every other campaign this year. Finally this logo could cause many to question their own sexuality. Well most everything Sony would want it to do.

Around the Network

This logo embodies the very worst feature of the entire PlayStation line, those stupid @#$%&ing shapes for button names. Shapes = Lose. Letters = Win. This logo = Fail.

It looks like a camera. Maybe it's something to do with the EYE.

NJ5 said:
Why would people think that this will be PS's new logo? Can't it be a logo for something else?

Exactly

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Straight out of the 90s...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sorry Sony, your desired logo is in another castle.