By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your FFXIII Predictions

PS3 - 3.5 million
360 - 2.5 Million

I'm putting a little more towards the 360 because I believe that FFXIII is being hyped towards a western audience more than it's predecessors.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

PS3: 4 million
360: 1.6 million

I said this before in a few other threads but i'll say it again. If the PS3 gets a price drop to 299.99 before this game hits the PS3 version will outsell the 360 version in every region.

LTD PS3 - 4.5M
LTD 360 - 2.5M

makingmusic476 said:

Based on past games in the series, Final Fantasy always sells the best in Japan. Then comes North America, then Europe.

Based on that and the general breakdown of sales per region, I'd say this will be close to the mark:

Japan

PS3 - 2.2 million

North America

PS3 - .85 million
360 - 1.15 million
Total - 2.0 million
Ratio: 1.35:1 360:PS3 (between that of SFIV - 1.04:1 - and RE5 - 1.5:1)

Europe/Others

PS3 - 1.0 million
360 - .7 million
Total - 1.7 million
Ratio: 1.42:1 (just above that of SFIV - 1.37:1 - and RE5 - 1.29:1 - above mainly because using .5 million increments caused any other figures to be significantly below those ratios)

In the end, I'm thinking the game will end up around 6 million worldwide (5.9, using my figures above), with the PS3 version taking a bit over 4 million of that 6 (4.05, based on my figures), and the 360 version nearing 2 million (1.85, using my figures). The ratio between both versions will be around 2:1 (2.19:1, based on my figures).

You think it will sell less than Resistance 2 in America?

Actually, a lot of the predictions in this thread are weird. I don't think the 360 version will outsell the PS3 version in any region.

PS3
USA-700K
Others-500K
Japan-1.5 million to 2 million

USA-900K to 1 million+
Others-300K to 400K

4.5 to 5 million LTD

And holy crap @ people predicting 11+ millions sales for FFXIII...People expecting this game to do Call of Duty 4 numbers are nuts.I honestly don't see this game creating a massive influx of new FF fans despite any heavy advertising from SE....FFXIII while having the power of the FF brandname is the polar opposite of the type of games that are popular today.Its not a casual game,it doesn't have online multiplayer,its not a shooter.The sales are gonna come from the Final Fantasy Faithful (FFF) who hopefully aren't tired of FF....I love FF and and JRPGS in general and would love nothing more than to see it do huge numbers but I just don't see that happening.

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Japan - 2.5m
America - 2.7m
Others - 1.5m

PS3 LTD - 3.7m
360 LTD - 3m

This is the the worst prediction I have ever seen.

So you're telling me that the PS3 will sell 2.5 million in Japan, and then 1.2 million split between others and North America. Six hundred thousand...six...hundred....thousand...Wow.

And yet the 360 will sell 1.5 million in Others and North America EACH apparently, despite that fact that it will almost certainly lose in Others and it will be at least close in NA, but somehow the others total won't exceed 1.5 million due to some time paradox or something.

So what this really means is;

PS3: 2.5 million in Japan
0 copies in Others, yes thats right, ZERO.
1.2 million in America

360:
1.5 million in America
1.5 million in Others.

Even then your American total doesn't add up! What a mess.

You are insane.

i m going for 8 mill. total

People are craving for good games on their HD consoles (especially ps3 owners).

PS3: 4.5 million lifetime
First week in Japan ~ 1.5 million

XBOX360: 3 million lifetime

Take a look at my photos on flickr

ShadowSoldier said:
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
If I ever start to doubt, if I ever feel that sanity and logic is gracing the whole PS3 community on this site then I will return to this thread and it will be the bucket of cold water which returns me to reality. Seriously now, people predicting a 5M gap for a console which has not had a single JRPG sell >500k and has a lower install base.

Valkyria Chronicles, a freakin' SRPG, has broken 500k:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=18897&region=All

It has already passed up Infinite Undiscovery in lifetime sales, will soon pass up Blue Dragon, and has a shot at passing up the 360 version of the Last Remnant, which is currently at 550k and is selling at a much slower rate than Valkyria.

It's looking like Valkyria Chronicles will soon be behind only Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean 4 (SO4 is currently behind VC, but it's selling much better week to week).  An SRPG, a niche sub-genre, will soon be the third best selling JRPG of the generation.  The ps3 certainly can sell JRPGs.

Win honestly this post is just full of so much win I don't think I can say Win again for a whole month.

Now Imagine what numbers SO4,TLR and IU would have pulled if they released on the PS3 day-to-day with the 360 version. Same with Tales of Vesperia which has now been discontinued :(

Here, let me do it for you, WIN!!!

PS3 WW: 4 Million.

360 WW: 3 Million.

5,8 million on ps3
and 1,2 million on 360
this wont sell well on 360, because most people bought a ps3 for that game and jrpgs dont sell well on 360 and besides that, most "core" 360 gamer will have a ps3 by the time ff13 comes out (because of the pricecut)
and they will buy the ps3 version because of only 1 bluray disc vs 3-5 dvds on the 360 version