By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your FFXIII Predictions

9Chiba said:
infamous8 said:
dsister44 said:
6 ps3
(thats with Japan)

5.5 million 360
(that is with heavy advertising from Microsoft)

LOL What?

The highest selling FF of all time if FF7 and it only sold 9.72 million copies. 

FFX is the 2nd highest selling FF game and it only sold 7.95 million.

What makes you think FFXIII will increase to 11.5?

How will the 360 version possibly get to 5.5 million without Japan?

this

and japan makes 0 difference when it comes to the 360

Those adverts worked wonders for Chinatown Wars.  :P

Around the Network

US 360- 4million

ps3 3mil

together this game will sell over 8 million and become RPGOTY 2010.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Together it might become the highest selling FF ever, passing 10m.

SE ass is riding on this things success and MS will whore out alot of $ for FF13 360 ads.

makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
If I ever start to doubt, if I ever feel that sanity and logic is gracing the whole PS3 community on this site then I will return to this thread and it will be the bucket of cold water which returns me to reality. Seriously now, people predicting a 5M gap for a console which has not had a single JRPG sell >500k and has a lower install base.

Valkyria Chronicles, a freakin' SRPG, has broken 500k:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=18897®ion=All

It has already passed up Infinite Undiscovery in lifetime sales, will soon pass up Blue Dragon, and has a shot at passing up the 360 version of the Last Remnant, which is currently at 550k and is selling at a much slower rate than Valkyria.

It's looking like Valkyria Chronicles will soon be behind only Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean 4 (SO4 is currently behind VC, but it's selling much better week to week).  An SRPG, a niche sub-genre, will soon be the third best selling JRPG of the generation.  The ps3 certainly can sell JRPGs.

Please tell me that you're pretending the handhelds don't exist.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Tbh, I kinda forgot about them. >_>

And it was fairly obvious I was talking about home consoles.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
If I ever start to doubt, if I ever feel that sanity and logic is gracing the whole PS3 community on this site then I will return to this thread and it will be the bucket of cold water which returns me to reality. Seriously now, people predicting a 5M gap for a console which has not had a single JRPG sell >500k and has a lower install base.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=18897&region=All

It has already passed up Infinite Undiscovery in lifetime sales, will soon pass up Blue Dragon, and has a shot at passing up the 360 version of the Last Remnant, which is currently at 550k and is selling at a much slower rate than Valkyria.

It's looking like Valkyria Chronicles will soon be behind only Lost Odyssey and Star Ocean 4 (SO4 is currently behind VC, but it's selling much better week to week).  An SRPG, a niche sub-genre, will soon be the third best selling JRPG of the generation.  The ps3 certainly can sell JRPGs.

Its only just broken 500k, what this week? Forgive me for not keeping track of the one decent selling JRPG on the PS3. Well it does prove the massive affinity that the PS3 userbase has with JRPG type titles, or not? So there could be a massive number of people who *just* like Final Fantasy and they exist exclusively on the PS3, we won't see it if it exists until the game comes.

The PS3 userbase is micro sized in Japan compared to the PS2, so is it too big a stretch to imagine that the game won't crack 2M sales in that country? Others simply aren't big fans of the games and I bet that the U.K is the biggest player in the Others market which is distinctly Xbox 360 teritory, even more so than America and overall the Xbox 360 userbase has shown a willingness to eat up RPG type games. Fallout/Fable both released within weeks of each other and they are well on the way to selling over 3M each.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=18897&region=All

Its only just broken 500k, what this week? Forgive me for not keeping track of the one decent selling JRPG on the PS3. Well it does prove the massive affinity that the PS3 userbase has with JRPG type titles, or not? So there could be a massive number of people who *just* like Final Fantasy and they exist exclusively on the PS3, we won't see it if it exists until the game comes.

The PS3 userbase is micro sized in Japan compared to the PS2, so is it too big a stretch to imagine that the game won't crack 2M sales in that country? Others simply aren't big fans of the games and I bet that the U.K is the biggest player in the Others market which is distinctly Xbox 360 teritory, even more so than America and overall the Xbox 360 userbase has shown a willingness to eat up RPG type games. Fallout/Fable both released within weeks of each other and they are well on the way to selling over 3M each.

this week?!.like a month ago.

seriously wtf. and  WKC outsold all 360 JRPG selling more than 200k first week and 350k ltd.

star ocean sold 160k first week in japan, but it  sold around 59k in USA.

bigger userbase means nothing if demographic isn't there.

Xoj said:
Squilliam said:

this week?!.like a month ago.

seriously wtf. and  WKC outsold all 360 JRPG selling more than 200k first week and 350k ltd.

star ocean sold 160k first week in japan, but it  sold around 59k in USA.

bigger userbase means nothing if demographic isn't there.

Last time I checked which wasn't too long ago it was under.

Japan is such an insy winsy lil market, so why do you want to talk about first week sales in that country alone?

Tease.

Japan - 3m
America - 2.5m
Others - 2m

PS3 LTD - 5m
360 LTD - 2.5m

PS3 - 3.5M
Xbox 360 1.5M

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!