By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Skeptics eat Crow: Halo DS footage

http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

Some time ago, I blogged about playing a cancelled version of Halo DS. The game was the real deal, created by a real development studio and with a very big publisher. But for reasons we won't discuss, Halo DS was never released. Clearly. Obviously. Still, it would've been cool, huh?

My Halo DS blog has haunted me since I posted it because many people were skeptical of my claims. I wouldn't make something like that up, of course, but that hardly silenced any of my critics. When my brother called me the other day and told me that I even have a Wikipedia page that calls into question my Halo DS blog, I realized I had to at the very least prove that I hadn't completely hatched the entire thing. So I figured what better way to mute naysayers than to show off the game I played. With that in mind, I present to you Halo DS videos and screenshots below. Please, somebody update my Wikipedia page.

Let's be clear. This game will never see the light of day. At the same time, the below videos prove that Halo DS wasn't a garage project by a two-man team. There were some very big names involved with this title, so it's a shame you won't get to play it.

Around the Network

Wow. Seriously.

For everyone looking at that video, consider that this is only a demo to show it can be done.  And it looks pretty amazing considering.  It runs surprisingly well also.

What a shame. 

pretty cool.

Maybe if those rumours about bungie splitting from microsoft are true we could see this return on the ds

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

awesome

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Are the embeded videos working? The seem to be there, but they aren't showing up on my computer.

Around the Network

Ok, now this totally The Spanish Inquisitioned me. o_O

lol...Matt may be a little off sometimes in his analysis of the market, but he doesn't lie and he doesn't grandstand. I never doubted this existed once he mentioned it. He may be a bit ackward and a bit of a dork at times (not that these are bad things) but he is one of the best videogame journalism has to offer right now.

I never doubted that it existed, either.

I think people just jumped to the conclusion that it was ready and coming out, instead of just being a demo for a game that may never release, which I am sure they get tons of every year.

Hope they are able to talk about their Dark Wii Game soon.

neat, been waiting to see it, not that I like halo, but just that I like evidence of it's existence floating around
though microsoft likes money and halo ds would probably make money so it may see release one day.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never doubted it. He's not a liar...