By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - exclusives clumped together. WTH

Fat Princess has been delayed from its original June release date and according to some sources is now scheduled for a late Sept release! WHAT? This wouldve been a perfect summer game and it's been in development long enough I cant see any reason why they would delay it so much. I hope the reason they delayed it is because they want to advertise it properly and also release a retail version of it, just like how Capcom is releasing a retail version of MvC2 and also putting it on PSN.

Uncharted 2 has a rough release date now and its around the same time as Fat Princess. The advanced demo will be from aug19 to late sept or something like that. So the public demo will probably be around mid-late october, with the game finally coming out late-Oct or early-Nov. Good job Sony [/sarcasm]... putting it up directly against Assassins Creed 2 and Modern Warfare 2... wtf! Both those games predecessors destroyed Drakes Fortune in sale. Sony better advertise the helllllll out of U2 if they want it to sell as much as it should.

MAG is also scheduled to come out around the same time. Again...putting a FPS around the same time frame as MW2...not the smartest move. MAG better get a headstart on MW2, kind of like how InFamous did on Prototype.

Ratchet and Clank CRACK In Time..check Insomniacs history and I'm pretty sure most of there games come out in Oct/Nov.

Demons Souls.... it already has an official release date. I cant remember the exact date but I think it may be Nov 12.

So Sony has all 5 of there remaining big exclusive Ps3 games all coming out within a 2 month time span of each other.

Is this normal? Shouldn't they be spreading the release dates out a bit more? Or...do you think they're purposely holding them all for that time frame to benefit from after the price drop?

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

Go Sony!!!

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Go Sony! Just don't release any of those games on Nov 10 or Nov 17.... I just found out that's when MW2 and AC2 are dropping.

If I were Sony I'd hope to get Uncharted 2 out on Nov 3 - get in stores before those two big games, get your first few weeks of sales, and then another boost before xmas...

Id put MAG out Early oct...no way I would want MAG directly competing with the MW franchise (the king of FPS sales right now)

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Sony has a habit of doing that. It's a bad habit, but Sony has too many exclusives its pretty much inevitable. I think releasing Fat Princess in a month or so when no good games are coming out would be perfect. It will probably only be $10 so it would be easy to entice gamers to purchase while they wait around for the big games to come out later in the year.

I also remembered that last year they released many exclusive games in Oct-Nov. And as a result, some of them were not selling well!

People cannot buy and play too many games in a short period of time! And it is definitely not wise to compete with own games.

Around the Network

Omg you have the lamest threads. WHO CARES. It's not their fault, that's just the time they will be finished

bah you'd be surprised. I think AC2 and MW2 won't do near as well as you think, especially with all the great competition coming out. Uncharted was sort of a silent hit also if you think about it, and didn't have much advertising behind it. U2 will be HUGE.

I personally plan on buying all these games on release, and will have a good chunk of change ready to do so.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

bobo11 said:
Omg you have the lamest threads. WHO CARES. It's not their fault, that's just the time they will be finished

I found that funny. Anywho, everything that was said in the first post does suck. I hate having too much to get at once.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

CaseyDDR said:
bah you'd be surprised. I think AC2 and MW2 won't do near as well as you think, especially with all the great competition coming out. Uncharted was sort of a silent hit also if you think about it, and didn't have much advertising behind it. U2 will be HUGE.

I personally plan on buying all these games on release, and will have a good chunk of change ready to do so.

Don't kid yourself. AC2 and MW2 will have higher first weeks (WW) than R&C is likely to sell in its lifetime.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Not just Sony's games but I feel like there's a gaming dump towards the end of the year. Exclusives, Multiplats, it's almost guaranteed one of these great games is going to have shitty sales. A few of them could definitely afforded to have been summer hits.