By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Toning Down The Violence

There's blood everywhere in the Ninja Gaiden series, especially so in Ninja Gaiden 2, where players can dismember limbs from the enemies. But with the PlayStation 3 tweaking, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Tecmo is actually ratcheting back the on-screen violence, according to an interview with the game's director and producer Yosuke Hayashi over at Games Radar.

"Each game has its own concept and with Ninja Gaiden 2, the focus was on extreme violence," said Hayashi. "But with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, we really questioned whether violence is a necessity for a game, so we decided to move away from that trend. So the violence 'approach' is not the way we approached the development of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Being able to unlock higher levels of gore would be out of kilter with the concept of the game."

Well, that's a new one.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697040/Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-2-Toning-Down-The-Violence----Wait-What.html#ixzz0K2rEecOe&D

Around the Network

So they are wimpifying Ninja gaiden. Great. Next they are gonna announce a pink flower costume for Ryu and that the action will be 1/4th its normal speed.

Yawn. Why did you have leave, Itagaki....

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Eh, NG2 is not that violent... nothing compared to the disgusting things we're hearing about GOW3 for example. Just a few limbs flying around and such.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Shadowblind said:

So they are wimpifying Ninja gaiden. Great. Next they are gonna announce a pink flower costume for Ryu and that the action will be 1/4th its normal speed.

Yawn. Why did you have leave, Itagaki....

Wimpifying for the eyes maybe, it's not like they're toning down the difficulty.

Sounds like Itagaki took Team Ninja's balls with him.

Around the Network

Old news since we have already seem the lower levels of gore even in gameplay videos.
They know the game wont sell more because has gore on ps3. They upped the level of gore on the 360 to get more attention and to make 360 stereotype fans happy. In the ps3 no such extreme is needed and they went on and though which was the better game design, since they had already drawn any attention they could from the game on 360.

I honestly thought that NG 2 wasn't that violent but imo, if they were comparing it to NG 2 about the violence, then they should just make NG S2 with no blood

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

NJ5 said:
Eh, NG2 is not that violent... nothing compared to the disgusting things we're hearing about GOW3 for example. Just a few limbs flying around and such.

Really. have you forgotten about obliteration techniques? Or the boss finishing moves? I do believe ripping people in half then stabbing their writhing bodies is rather violent. Stabbing someone through the stomiach in mid-air then ripping them in half, or slicing off their legs and performing a samurai-style execution on their head...made God of War 2 look like Mario

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

chris1_16 said:
I honestly thought that NG 2 wasn't that violent but imo, if they were comparing it to NG 2 about the violence, then they should just make NG S2 with no blood

They could replace all the blood with sweat, a la Mortal Kombat for the SNES.

Also... how are they gonna do the parts where enemies are crawling around without arms and then try to blow you up with the incendiary bombs?

That's something which will affect the gameplay if they change it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957