By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stop Bashing Halo 3's Graphics

ssj12 said:
Halo 3 looks greats but it's textures arent HD. Bungie didnt make a bad looking game but didnt make an insanely high quality game either. Like Zero Punctuation said "Its average"

Define "HD texture" 

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
sieanr said:
ssj12 said:
Halo 3 looks greats but it's textures arent HD. Bungie didnt make a bad looking game but didnt make an insanely high quality game either. Like Zero Punctuation said "Its average"

Define "HD texture"

Less than 720p = Not HD.  So every single thing in Halo 3 including textures would be Not HD.  BTW, ssj12, are you sure that Zero Punctuation should be a real source of journalism for you?  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
sieanr said:
ssj12 said:

Define "HD texture"

Less than 720p = Not HD. So every single thing in Halo 3 including textures would be Not HD. BTW, ssj12, are you sure that Zero Punctuation should be a real source of journalism for you?

Resolution deosn't impact how detailed the textures are, meaning that you could have "HD textures" at any resolution. He was implying that it has low resolution textures, which isnt true.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

wehhhh wehhh wehhhh leave master chief jaggies alone wehhh

oooookie dokie.

Halo3 > Gears?

Halo3 > Bioshock?

Halo3 > real life!

Seriously, Halo3 dosent look near as good as I feel it should. It looks like a HD'd Halo2. It dosent look 'true' HD. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

This is all pointless. Graphics in Halo 3 arent just about What you see when nothing is happening on screen. When it's packed during firefight, Nothing not Bioshock or gears looks as good.

Also people bang on about Halo3 native res. Funny how it's taken a game this big to make people question the HD we are getting. It's happened to loads of games since launch of both consoles. PS3 has just as many games with the same problem. However to me it's not a problem. It looks great the same as any other game upscaled on either system. There is more to using the consoles power than using it all to do 1080p native. Thats why the physics and the lighting, intelligence of enemies, and the set pieces, and the story are all the best in a game yet. Stop MOANING ABOUT HD UPSCALING AND ENJOY THE GAMES. NOT MANY GAMES RUN IN TRUE HD NATIVE RES. SO SHUT YOUR PIE HOLES. :)

Kwaad said:

oooookie dokie.

Halo3 > Gears?

Halo3 > Bioshock?

Halo3 > real life!

Seriously, Halo3 dosent look near as good as I feel it should. It looks like a HD'd Halo2. It dosent look 'true' HD. 

Spoken like a true sony fanboy

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Like someone else said in the other thread, use your eyes instead of a danm calculater, if it looks great, who cares if its in real HD, long as it looks great, which it does

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
Kwaad said:

oooookie dokie.

Halo3 > Gears?

Halo3 > Bioshock?

Halo3 > real life!

Spoken like a true sony fanboy

I agree why oh why the fanboy. It's clearly ahead of Halo 2 in graphics.