By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 is outselling the PS3 more than 2 to 1 worldwide

@ snufft

heres the big issue with the comparison of the ps3 lineup to x360 lineup of 08.  Its all subjective.  personally, to me, ps3 doesnt have anything major coming out that seems worth it, besides mgs4 and ff13.  Home isnt a game, and what exactly is little big planet?  When i see the xbox lineup, there is quite a few major titles coming out for next year.  Those include Halo Wars, Fable 2(the first one sold a couple of million copies.)  Ninja Gaiden 2(this is an actual sequel, not a remake/port like sigma, which by the looks of it, is going to be a pretty crazy game.)  Not to mention there is Splinter Cell: Conviction, which is looking to really revamp the Splinter Cell series in a totally different way, as it will be the first true Next gen Splinter cell.  The also lost oddysey and too human, 2 games that look to be really good. 

Also not to mention Infinite Undiscovery (by SE) and Cry On (Mistwalker)  are likely to come out next year, at least Cry on as that one is slated for a dec 07 release in japan. 

Essentially, i think the Xbox lineup is solid, and the idea that its devoid and non existant is ludricous, especially established franchises as Ninja Gaiden, Splinter Cell and Fable come up next year.  Also some other games coming from some well known developers.  I think even with MGS4 and FF13, its not necessarily going to be the easy sailing and blue skies for PS3 alot of sony fans believe it will be in 2008.  (not to mention probably the 100s of games the Wii is going to have come out)

Around the Network

@prlatino86

I most definately agree with you that it will never be an easy sail for the PS3. Although, I still beleive there's something to be said for it not yet having a proven ip out on the market. To me right now the big thing that XBOX had that PS3 hasn't is an early AAA hit in Gears of War.

The Sony-fans have high hopes for 2008 and keep bragging about their über lineup. But the X360 has got more than a few exclusives to counter with, such as:

* Alan Wake (will surprise people just like Bioshock; getting superb reviews and multi-million sales)
* Splinter Cell: Conviction
* World in Conflict (the PC-hit RTS game)
* Universe at War
* Fable 2
* untitled game directed by Peter Jackson
* Infinite Undiscovery
* Halo Wars
* Ninja Gaiden 2
* Lost Oddysey
* Gears of War 2

... plus these Massive multiplayer titles:
* Age of Conan
* Huxley
* Warhammer Online