By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated video game company.

Epic, cuz Unreal Tournament 3 is not so Epic

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
SmokedHostage said:
Games4Fun said:
Maneco said:
The Pokémon Company, because they do nothing besides Pokémon. The series sucks these days because it's game after game, and there's no pause on it. I love the series, but even I now how it will die someday (at least in the West).

Gamefreak I believe

WUT?

1.) It's called The Pokemon Company for a reason.

2.) There has been a new gen ever 3-4 years and they've evolved the series quite a bit.

3.) It's not like a series that still sells in 10 of millions is going to die because of your opinion.

Pokemon is aimed at newer gamers.  Always has been and probably always will be.

Nintendo isn't making Pokemon for the grizzled veteran who has filled the Pokedex of every other version since Red/Blue.  Nintendo is making Pokemon for the 7 year old who just got her first DS and is looking for a fun new game to play... and the bags of money the series brings in yearly.

Either you accept the series is what it is and enjoy it, look at the spinoff Mystery Dungeon games and the like, or just accept that you're not part of the game's target audience anymore.

Yes.. because the child who got his first DS will REALLY appreciate Wi-Fi, new moves, abilities, TM's, references to older gens, etc.

Stop with the generalizations.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Was I supposed to appreciate the new moves, abilities, etc. in Pokemon? None of them are that interesting. That's like saying that a kid won't appreciate the characters in the new Star Wars movies (although that's not a good example because the new characters suck noodles).

MontanaHatchet said:
Was I supposed to appreciate the new moves, abilities, etc. in Pokemon? None of them are that interesting. That's like saying that a kid won't appreciate the characters in the new Star Wars movies (although that's not a good example because the new characters suck noodles).

The multiplayer metagame is deep because of it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Hm.. most hated video game company.. I think there's only one possible choice for me.

Sony Online Entertainment - They pretty much killed off my all time favourite MMO "PlanetSide". Still the only true MMOFPS to date imho. + the working conditions for their employees suck. Also they keep copying WoW.

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:

Square..cause they never made a real bushido blade after PS1 :*(

I am still bitter about that!

My vote goes to EA thou. I use to really enjoy Sierra games and EA destroyed that studio.

Capcom for shutting down Clover...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

You didn't specify developer or publisher which is actually important.
Many developers are good but are FORCED to release games before they are done by their crap ass publisher.

Worst Publisher of all time: EA

EA is the cause for many many sore points in the gaming industry. It actually boggles my mind how much sh#t they have their hands in and how much they just love destroying what was known as our beloved industry. You can thank EA for the yearly crapfests that they force devs to push out of their asses. You can also thank EA for the horrible paid DLC practice that is beginning to gain acceptance in console gaming. They push devs to release too fast so the devs just strip out features and then sell them back later to unsuspecting gamers as 'updates'. They stifle true innovation and creativity only to encourage lazy ports and copy/paste ideas from other games. I could go on for at least a couple more paragraphs but I don't even want to put another thought towards that pile of greedy ass dipsh#ts. Grrrr

Current Favorites:
Wii - Muramasa, MH3, Metroid Trilogy, RS2, Okami, RE4, COD, Dead Space, Scarface
PC - L4D, TF2, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Aquaria, Warsow, many UDK indie games
Mods - MechWarrior:Living Legends, Star Wars: Galatic Warfare, PVKII, Goldeneye Source, L4D mods
PS3 - Demon Souls, Way of the Samurai 3
Social Modding Club: ModDb | Steam

SourPeak

Two Worlds, alone, should be enough to drive them to the top of the list.

EA