By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Conduit will break 350k after 5 weeks

If the preliminary data is correct, The Conduit has sold about 100k in its first week - America only. Looking at past trends (mainly World at War), Europe will probably see around 30k for its first week. That puts The Conduit at 130k first week worldwide.

Now, the usual sales pattern for a Wii game with "ok" legs is this:

1st week 130k
2nd week  90k
3rd week  60k
4th week  40k
5th week  30k

That puts it at 350k after 5 full weeks. This is just a prediction of course, but I really think it isn't that much of a stretch. 350k after 5 weeks means Sega at least ships over 400k units within a month at full price. This can only mean profits profits profits.

The Conduit is going to be a succes.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

If the preliminary data is correct, The Conduit has sold about 100k in its first week - America only. Looking at past trends (mainly World at War), Europe will probably see around 30k for its first week. That puts The Conduit at 130k first week worldwide.

Now, the usual sales pattern for a Wii game with "ok" legs is this:

1st week 130k
2nd week  90k
3rd week  60k
4th week  40k
5th week  30k

That puts it at 350k after 5 full weeks. This is just a prediction of course, but I really think it isn't that much of a stretch. 350k after 5 weeks means Sega at least ships over 400k units within a month at full price. This can only mean profits profits profits.

The Conduit is going to be a succes.

That's highly optimistic, as it is only 10% less than CoD:WaW. Except that it's a new IP vs the most known franchise of FPSs. Thus, even if it had similar sales first week or two (knowledgeable buyers, internet hype) it can be expected to drop more quickly in the following weeks, to pick up sales with long term legs as the more general public learns to know it.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

RolStoppable said:
After that CoD:WaW thing I am going to trust you on this one.

Seeing as how I can not trust you, your post really doesn't contribute much to this thread... at all.

So go cheat some Mario Kart matches, troll!

He can't be trusted after I found out that the wii has more bits more than the HD consoles.
At least that's what he told me.

OT: I think it has a chance. But remember the inernet can fool you! Though I hope it sells well.

PS. I'm very surprised wii has more bits O_o

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Making your own predictions is allowed, peoples!

Around the Network

Ok, I'll try with:

1st week 150k
2nd week 70k
3rd week 30k
4th week 20k
5th week 15k

That makes 285K in 5 weeks. Can I have the donut if I come closer?

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

WereKitten said:

Ok, I'll try with:

1st week 150k
2nd week 70k
3rd week 30k
4th week 20k
5th week 15k

That makes 285K in 5 weeks. Can I have the donut if I come closer?

It will be interesting to see whose prediction will be closer. Personally, I can't imagine The Conduit having that much worse legs than MadWorld. Madworld was short and had no real multiplayer, The Conduit has much more value and buzz.

Stay away from my donut.

Mine:
1st week 150k
2nd week 90k
3rd week 70k
4th week 50k
5th week 40k

For a total of 400k

For a game as hyped as this, I think the sales will be a tad more frontloaded. Legs have more to do with how the game will sell long term, not in its first couple weeks. But there's no doubt that the game will break a profit.

Didn't you say this game would sell 75k and then 200k lifetime..

Pixel Art can be fun.