By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Fate/Stay Night

Anyone play this game or watch the anime? I'm not going to watch the anime until I finish all 3 story lines, and after almost finishing the second one, Unlimited Blade Works, I'm glad I didn't.

Seriously, I can't believe why other big Japanese software makers can't do as good as a job as this company did (Type-Moon)? If my memory is correct from their Wiki page, this was their first professional piece of work, them being a Doujin group before.

I mean, I haven't been this engrosed into a game and its story before. I really think that this game's story blows away inFamous' after coming so far in its second story line.

Intros to the game:

Around the Network

It's not their 1st game. I think Tsukihime came out earlier than Fate/Stay Night.

And the 1st real work was actually Mahou Tsukai no Yoru (it's not a game though, its game version will be released this year).

I finished the Anime a few days ago. How are the games? any good?

2nd path in the game is better than the 1st path (anime path), in my opinion.

But I think all 3 paths in the game are pretty good.

Anime was ok.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Yeah,it's a great game.I just finished the first one.My favourite character is rin,so i'm looking forward to play the second one.I think their first work was Tsukihime (which is great too,but fate/stay night's art is better)

Xen said:
I finished the Anime a few days ago. How are the games? any good?

This.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I'm almost done with the anime (4 eps left) and it's good so far. I'd recommend it. I've heard good things about the game, might try it some time

The Anime was decent... however, it was sometmes too dragged out, and left many questions unawsered...

starterman1989 said:
It's not their 1st game. I think Tsukihime came out earlier than Fate/Stay Night.

And the 1st real work was actually Mahou Tsukai no Yoru (it's not a game though, its game version will be released this year).

I meant first work as a professional (I think I even stated that in my OP... but whatever).

As to those who watched the anime and ask about the game, and the one who beat the first story line, the game is absolutely fucking amazing. The only downside is that since it's a eroge there's some really out of place sex. But fortunately they're kept isolated in their own scenes, and sex is pretty much non-existent out of those scenes. I really wished they would have been more subtle than implicit, but whatever.

The guy who played the first story line, make sure you don't spoil yourself. Don't go to forums and start reading stuff because you finished the main story. Although I do think that the first one is awesome, the second storyline has become my favorite, although again I can understand if the anime doesn't follow it. I mean, I understand they don't develop the other characters so you'll have more of an incentive to play the other story lines, but god dammit, I'm absolutely mind raped (not out of confusion) by the second storyline.

As for the anime, I haven't watched it yet.

But I'm telling you, if you trust me and take the plunge, and try this game out, you will absolutely not regret it. I'm telling you, this game is awesome, I really think that it's become my favorite game, even though visual novels aren't really games in the first place.

From what I heard the anime doesn't follow the second storyline, and the second story line is just absolutely amazing, it's what inFamous should have been.