By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HD Exclusive Sales Comparison

siren said:
seece said:
BMaker11 said:
seece said:
BMaker11 said:
What part of "I chose the games and their dates as means to look at the current market" don't you people get?

We get it, we're just pointing out why its biased and suits the PS3.

In terms of games, maybe the current market suits the PS3. Why talk about CoD2, which came out in 2006, when we're talking about the current market?

Why is the current market 18 months ago? Surely if the OP wants to really look at the current market, going a year back is as far enough?

Or at the very least, the OP needs to go back two years.  Not some hack of 18 months.

This is an obvious example of skewing stats to meet a goal.  A more relevent example might even of been to show exclusive sales for the first two years of each system from the point of their respective launches.  But last 18 months + Specific Metacritic score is bad.

First rule of weeding out bad statistical comparisions, how many filters were put in place.  The more filters or rules, the worse and more invalid the comparison is.

Exactly, you should post more

Around the Network
ps-button said:
nightsurge said:

Why not go back to 2007? Starting at 2008 gives a skewed picture, in my opinion, because the PS3 had a lot more games released in 08/09 to this point, but the 360 had more games in 2007 and before. So either make it from 2007 onward, or even from Launch to give a better picture.

Otherwise I think you did a pretty good job setting everything up.

LETS DO THE SAME WITH THE CONSOLE SALES, OK? CRY BABY

SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THAT

Thats what we call overreacting outlaw

seece said:
ps-button said:
nightsurge said:

Why not go back to 2007? Starting at 2008 gives a skewed picture, in my opinion, because the PS3 had a lot more games released in 08/09 to this point, but the 360 had more games in 2007 and before. So either make it from 2007 onward, or even from Launch to give a better picture.

Otherwise I think you did a pretty good job setting everything up.

LETS DO THE SAME WITH THE CONSOLE SALES, OK? CRY BABY

SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THAT

Thats what we call overreacting outlaw

lol, I agree with you there. Ease of the CAPS lock bud.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Wyku said:
Here's the list if you eliminate your metacritic rating requirement (starred games are ones that weren't included) for comparison for games down to ~0.30m in sales:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 4.06m
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 3.05m
LittleBigPlanet - 2.25m
Killzone 2 - 1.71m
Resistance 2 - 1.57m
SingStar - 0.85m
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation - 0.84m
*Haze - 0.77m
*Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 0.72m
Buzz! Quiz TV - 0.71m
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - 0.70m
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - 0.66m
MLB 08: The Show - 0.64m
*SingStar Abba - 0.61m
inFamous - 0.52m
Valkyria Chronicles - 0.50m
Yakuza 3 - 0.48m
MLB 09: The Show - 0.46m
*White Knight Chronicles - 0.35m
*Yakuza: Kenzan! - 0.30m
= 21.75m/20 = 1.0875m/game

Gears of War 2 - 4.95m
Fable II - 2.87m
Left 4 Dead - 2.27m
Halo Wars - 1.32m
Ninja Gaiden II - 0.94m
*Lost Odyssey - 0.80m
*Too Human - 0.59m
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 0.53m
Naruto: The Broken Bond - 0.50m
*Frontlines: Fuel of War - 0.49m
*Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 0.48m
*Infinite Undiscovery - 0.47m
*Lips - 0.42m
*You're in the Movies - 0.38m
*Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom - 0.33m
Tales of Vesperia - 0.32m
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - 0.29m
= 17.95/17 = 1.056m/game

As others have mentioned, Halo 3 for example while not on your list continues to outsell all PS3 exclusives except inFamous on a weekly basis, and has for quite awhile now. Also, in '09 it has sold ~0.78m (behind 7 games' total figures on the list) and since the start of '08 it has sold ~2.95m (behind 2 games' total figures on the list) There other older 360 exclusives that continue to sell better than most of the PS3 exclusives as well.

Just some more info to take in ;).

Why stop there?

Because I got tired of going through the lists at that point lol.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Whoa. Alot of angry young boys up in this thread.

Around the Network
Wyku said:
outlawauron said:
Wyku said:
Here's the list if you eliminate your metacritic rating requirement (starred games are ones that weren't included) for comparison for games down to ~0.30m in sales:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 4.06m
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 3.05m
LittleBigPlanet - 2.25m
Killzone 2 - 1.71m
Resistance 2 - 1.57m
SingStar - 0.85m
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation - 0.84m
*Haze - 0.77m
*Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm - 0.72m
Buzz! Quiz TV - 0.71m
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds - 0.70m
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - 0.66m
MLB 08: The Show - 0.64m
*SingStar Abba - 0.61m
inFamous - 0.52m
Valkyria Chronicles - 0.50m
Yakuza 3 - 0.48m
MLB 09: The Show - 0.46m
*White Knight Chronicles - 0.35m
*Yakuza: Kenzan! - 0.30m
= 21.75m/20 = 1.0875m/game

Gears of War 2 - 4.95m
Fable II - 2.87m
Left 4 Dead - 2.27m
Halo Wars - 1.32m
Ninja Gaiden II - 0.94m
*Lost Odyssey - 0.80m
*Too Human - 0.59m
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - 0.53m
Naruto: The Broken Bond - 0.50m
*Frontlines: Fuel of War - 0.49m
*Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 0.48m
*Infinite Undiscovery - 0.47m
*Lips - 0.42m
*You're in the Movies - 0.38m
*Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom - 0.33m
Tales of Vesperia - 0.32m
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise - 0.29m
= 17.95/17 = 1.056m/game

As others have mentioned, Halo 3 for example while not on your list continues to outsell all PS3 exclusives except inFamous on a weekly basis, and has for quite awhile now. Also, in '09 it has sold ~0.78m (behind 7 games' total figures on the list) and since the start of '08 it has sold ~2.95m (behind 2 games' total figures on the list) There other older 360 exclusives that continue to sell better than most of the PS3 exclusives as well.

Just some more info to take in ;).

Why stop there?

Because I got tired of going through the lists at that point lol.

If you ever feel motivated again, let's see it to 100k!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

dbot said:
Pyro as Bill said:
dbot said:
Pyro as Bill said:
L4D is only "HD" exclusive on PC.

PC doesn't count right?

It's exclusive to the Xbox.  If anything the PC version hurts the 360's sales.  Console exclusive = exclusive in my opinion.

It's not exclusive to the Xbox because it's on the PC.

No, console exclusive =/= exclusive. It might in your opinion but in reality it doesn't.

Exclusive = exclusive.

For the sake of this comparison Console exclusive = exclusive.  I personally think that console exclusive = exclusive in general, but I know many people disagree with me.

For the sake of comparison in general and common sense, "console exclusive" is NOT "exclusive". Don't twist the meaning of words for your own argument.

shio said:
dbot said:
Pyro as Bill said:
dbot said:
Pyro as Bill said:

PC doesn't count right?

It's exclusive to the Xbox.  If anything the PC version hurts the 360's sales.  Console exclusive = exclusive in my opinion.

No, console exclusive =/= exclusive. It might in your opinion but in reality it doesn't.

Exclusive = exclusive.

For the sake of this comparison Console exclusive = exclusive.  I personally think that console exclusive = exclusive in general, but I know many people disagree with me.

For the sake of comparison in general and common sense, "console exclusive" is NOT "exclusive". Don't twist the meaning of words for your own argument.

Do you ever stop, Console Exclusive = Exclusive.

seece said:
shio said:
dbot said:
Pyro as Bill said:
dbot said:
Pyro as Bill said:

PC doesn't count right?

Exclusive = exclusive.

Do you ever stop, Console Exclusive = Exclusive.

That is just stupid, exclusive means that that is the only place that you can play the game

The really big problem with the list is that many of the titles are still selling, for example Fable 2 is still pulling in quite decent numbers @15K per week, Gears of War 1 got a boost from the last holiday season whilst other titles are slowing down considerably like for example Resistance 2 @6-7k per week.

A longer timeframe can average out those inconsistancies, furthermore it will always favour the PS3 because as a console ages the attach rate average goes down and the Xbox 360 is one year older than the PS3 on the market.

Tease.