By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst RPG storyline ever

Grandia 3
Final Fantasy 12 (its not bad just really really really really boring)

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Cross Edge
Magna Carta
.hack (I liked it, but they dragged it out too much trying to get 6 games out of it)

Magna Carta had a great story though everthing else about the game was pretty bad.

Guardian's Cruzade

g-value said:
Grandia 3

lol...Grandia 3 was a embarrassments to the series story wise...but gameplay and magic effects...fantastic

Dragon Quest VIII, dunno if that consists of story or it's just a "mash-up" of fetch quests, but anyone would expect a high-profile RPG to have at least something similar to a story

Around the Network
Xxain said:
g-value said:
Grandia 3

lol...Grandia 3 was a embarrassments to the series story wise...but gameplay and magic effects...fantastic

Thats true. And Grandia 2 IMO had one of the best storylines in a jrpg. Grandia 3 is truly the black sheep of the series. I still really want a Grandia 4 though but from developers of Grandia 1 and 2 (which would be GameArt). Grandia 3 had a different developer so that should explain why it nowhere near as good had the first 2.

Torillian said:
Cross Edge
Magna Carta
.hack (I liked it, but they dragged it out too much trying to get 6 games out of it)

*slaps* how dare you disrespect .hack like that.  and it was 7 games ty (4 in the first set, and then 3 for GU)

g-value said:
Xxain said:
g-value said:
Grandia 3

Thats true. And Grandia 2 IMO had one of the best storylines in a jrpg. Grandia 3 is truly the black sheep of the series. I still really want a Grandia 4 though but from developers of Grandia 1 and 2 (which would be GameArt). Grandia 3 had a different developer so that should explain why it nowhere near as good had the first 2.

uhhhhhhh..G value..GameArts develop Grandia 3 too..and Grandia Online( also develop by GameArts) is the closest to Grandia 4 will probably get for a while

zexen_lowe said:
Dragon Quest VIII, dunno if that consists of story or it's just a "mash-up" of fetch quests, but anyone would expect a high-profile RPG to have at least something similar to a story

Dragon Quest games are more about character interaction and little mini-narratives within the main game. Each game pretty much has the same overarching storyline (Hero must defeat Demon Lord).

Cactus said:
zexen_lowe said:

Dragon Quest games are more about character interaction and little mini-narratives within the main game. Each game pretty much has the same overarching storyline (Hero must defeat Demon Lord).

But the character interaction and mini-narratives was horribly cliched too. I mean, how many times have we seen the girl who wants to see the world? The womanizer who's good at heart? The interaction was badly done, the characters are terribly uninspiring. Let alone the villain (probably the worst ever in RPG history). Not a good excuse for a story