By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's big Oct announcement. GTA IV this year on PS3?

how did this BS thread start anyway??

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

Zero Hero said:

Sony platforms have created what the video game business is now.

:O

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5 dont say nintendo did it. Al they did was start it and then they left.

mM
leo-j said:
@NJ5 dont say nintendo did it. Al they did was start it and then they left.

Why do you have a fixation on Nintendo? No one mentioned Nintendo before you here...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

oh leo-j..are you bored again....go read some history.

Around the Network

Naw I wont start an argument. But serisouly sony made the industry what it is today not nintendo or microsoft.

mM

DOn't get me wrong NJ45. I have played a ton of Nintendo games growing up.  but the PS1 and 2 have shaped the console industry more than Nintendo. Ninty has their franchises and very successfull they are over the years. But Sony has been where the bread and butter is for 3rd parties for many years now.  EA wouldn't be EA if it were not for Sony. Neither would there be a GTA fo GoW or FF. Sony still has more of a foothold on the devs than people give them.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Come on people, be real. Announcing a new game, or an earlier release date in mid October just don't happen: There's not enough time to hype a game up properly.

We all know what this one really is: New PS3 model for $400. end of story.
Now, if Sony actually had a decent lineup for this year, they'd stand a chance. With what they have, it's just a way to tread water until next year

@Leo-j and Zero Hero

Those are your opinions and thats fine but without nintendo video games would have been just a niche market. Nintendo showed the world how powerful and profitable video games could be.

Atari made the market. Nintendo revived the market with great franchises and quality games. Sony expanded the market with giving 3rd parties alot more power.

leo-j said:
UN less..

Rockstar is no more. And becomes sony. This would not break any contract, but would make it invalid.

Being bought out doesn't invalidate existing contracts with a third party. Time to get a grip and accept the truth: GTA4 was delayed because it was in poor shape, likely on both consoles. Both MS and Sony have too much at stake to let the other get GTA4 first. If R* tried to break the contract in favor of either there'd be an army of lawyers on their doorstep in moments, and they can't afford that right now.