By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's big Oct announcement. GTA IV this year on PS3?

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-71530.aspx

There was a rumour not to long ago about take 2 trying to get out of the day and date release deal they had with MS so they could have the PS3 version out before the holiday season. I didn't give it much credit the but this has  appeared

I still doubt it is true since I don't see any way that MS would let them release the PS3 version sooner no matter what was offered. However this would be a big boost for the PS3 if it was real. It would certainly be a much bigger anouncement than the PS3 40GB version.

Around the Network

I really doubt this one. They wouldn't push their release date so far back disapointing a lot of people only to bring back forward.

Strange I looked into it myself today. I preordered mine in best buy and its set for release this month. Guess Im picking it up? Well according to their site its off for next year http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/preorder/ If it is true, then sony gets a huge bonus.

mM

^^ I´d be very surprised but also happy if it was back on track, still I don´t see it coming out this year on any platform. Last rumor I heard was that the PS3 version was the one taking longer, so by that rumor the 360 version could come early... but it both won´t happen.

I think it is the 40 GB announcement.

And if it comes out this year it may give a spike but it would be a big hit next year.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I have a question can micro$oft destroy rockstar if they release GTA 4 this year on the ps3?

mM

That would be HUGE for Sony. But I doubt it, too. Probably a mistake on the UK site.

twesterm said:
I really doubt this one. They wouldn't push their release date so far back disapointing a lot of people only to bring back forward.

Recent info suggests that the 360 version is the one that R* are havibg problems with and since they have a day and date release deal with MS they had to push both version back. If they have negotiated their way out of that deal since then there is no reason for them not to release the PS3 version this year if it is completed.

leo-j said:
I have a question can micro$oft destroy rockstar if they release GTA 4 this year on the ps3?

Wouldn´t make any sense to release it first on the platform with the smaller userbase. I´d rather say MS would destroy rockstar for breaking a contrakt. Would do the PS3 very good but the 360 has a great lineup this year with or without GTA4 so the damage would´t be devastating.

I thought this is how it went Rockstar; Can we get out of the exclusive GTA DEal? Sony; Yes you can but we want 2 new exclusive IP's from you plus a couple of other exclusive franchises and you have to release GTA on the 360 and PS3 at the same time... Rockstar.. yes you can get L.A. Noire and an unamed IP plus other titles to be announced in future Sony : DEAL Microsoft: Can we pay to make the GTA content exclusive? Rockstar ; Deal Microsoft: We have the best complete lineup this holiday: Rockstar: we just delayed GTA to 2008 Microsoft and Sony: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament