By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie to leave Microsoft?

hum still nothing concrete in that last article..... a source close to bungie... man that could be the post man of the office next door for all we know...... I'm probably more often in contact with bungie personnel when my clan plays them than the guy informing "game informer"...... they are tired of Halo and ????? it's over... it's clear and definitive.... why would they need to spend money buying the company back to stop doing Halo ??? when it's actually not happening anyway...... doesn't make sens to me... now they still have the bungie/peter jackson Halo project... and they will do it... nothing to do with the FPS though....
but that article is just telling me one thing it's that game informer doesn't know jack shit for sure on the subject and tries to fill in a news to get some traffic on their website.... nothing less nothing more..... and their news could be true but is really not making a lot of sens the way they justify it....

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
rocketpig said:
super_etecoon said:
And just what if...just what if Bungie decided to do Metroid...lol.

If that GI article is correct, Nintendo wouldn't do that otherwise MS would declare themselves publisher of the Metroid franchise and port it to 360. :D

True, true. Didn't think about that little statement. Microsoft gearing up to step out of the hardware market? Seems odd that Nintendo or Sony would allow a Microsoft published piece of software on their system. Weird stuff.

MS was on the videogame hardware market way before Sony.... and MS will be doing more and more hardware in the future..... of all kind... not only VG...... just wanted to comment that....

AgnosticJesus said:
Never heard of an entity owned by a company breaking off and doing their own thing. Microsoft blunked down 50 million to purchase Bungie. This retarded rumor is like saying that Cadillac is going to leave General Motors and produce cars for all the major automakers; Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc.

Not to shove this specifically in your face but since you're the first random one I found that said this was retarded this is for you-- HA!

king_of_the_castle said:
Yeah, I don't really think this is such a bad thing, I think MS made out like bandits, they probably got a good chunk of change for the stock, still own the Halo franchise which will still be a cash cow, and most likely are going to get some new, great exclusives out of Bungie, or at least make money off of multiplat. games if they choose to.

This also is probably going to really help their bottom line this year, which gives them room to pricedrop if they need to, buy 3p exclusives, or buy another development company. At the very least, they'll make some investors happy.

I don't know why everybody thinks investor are not happy with MS even with XB loosing money...... you do realise MS is one of the company making the biggest net income in the world.....the number one company in net income in the software industry.... and that net income has been going up anyway in the past 5 years.....???? I don't see why they wouldn't be happy......  the only thing they can say is damn we could make more money guys... but bitching against a company that already make them earn more money than most company on the market that's sounds odd....

at the same time sony net income went down on the past 5 years... nobody is asking them to stop making PS3 or talking about unhappy stockholders because they don't make profit on their machine and probably won't for a while... when MS is way closer to make one.....

well I still don't understand why people want MS stockholder unhappy when actually it's probably what should be said about Sony's one....  

twesterm said:
AgnosticJesus said:
Never heard of an entity owned by a company breaking off and doing their own thing. Microsoft blunked down 50 million to purchase Bungie. This retarded rumor is like saying that Cadillac is going to leave General Motors and produce cars for all the major automakers; Toyota, Honda, Ford, etc.

Not to shove this specifically in your face but since you're the first random one I found that said this was retarded this is for you-- HA!

He deserves it just for comparing Bungie to Cadilac. He could have at least choose a decent branch of GM.

Around the Network

And once again to the people that said this rumor was retarded: HA!

There is another link here from gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news.html?sid=6180462

Just kiss the tip.

Seems most likely to me that Bungie just want to make some 360 games that MS may not be interested in publishing. Something more creative.

Small chance of them doing some form of Wii title - no chance of them doing a PS3 title.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Big news, but doesn't change too much, other than for Bungie and Microsoft. Bungie will probably still make XBox exclusives for the forseeable future; they just want more freedom, seeing that they appear to already have financial security.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

super_etecoon said:
And just what if...just what if Bungie decided to do Metroid...lol.

I doubt Nintendo is going to give Bungie the go ahead to make a Metroid game when Microsoft would be the ones that would publish it instead of them.