By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

routsounmanman said:
This is getting rediculous. I'm from now on, following no other review site other than IGN. It has nothing to do with the score, they respect the Wii and they enjoy writing for it. I can live without the "dust off your Wii, for a Wii game, waggle"

That's such crap, IGN gave it the best score so you'll follow them? In my opinion IGN is too generous with a lot of its scores.

Around the Network

To be honest I agree with the score if it was on an accurate scale that reviewed games for what they truly are. In reality, todays reviewers review games way to high and then when a good game doesn't get an 8 or a 9 it automatically sucks. There are very few games I would actually give a 9, and I could probably name all the ones I would give an 8 in a minute. Most games that I enjoy I would give a 6, and most games that I note as good I would give something in the 7s, an 8 would mean it is exceptional, 9 amazing, and 10 would mean it is in my best games ever(probably would only give 4 or 5 tens). If I were to use the scale that most reviewers today use I would give the conduit a 8.5.

Their reviews are always in middle most of the time. They just gave this one a high score and now they're being generous? :) Read the review instead of looking at the score. It's written a lot better then some of those crap reviews that complain about the controls even though you can change it.

i start to feel it's like racism against the Wii, they are all gaming consoles but just because Wii is so different it's treated different and unfair a lot of times

feels like white against black people some centuries ago!!

Mario Party 8 is so great and it got 5.0!? it still sold 7m, gamespot is antiwii site

also if GTA IV deserves a 10, Mario Kart deserves an 11 because of it's great controls, forever lasting appeal, great online, so many modes and cars, bu reviewers just stick to non-important things and give 8.4, they suck

Wii reviews do not reflect average consumer's opinion as they should, they are not even close...

IGN is much better on their reviews lately : )

and yes, Wii hate is 100x more than Xbox360/Ps3 hate, i can post examples from many sites if you want....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

The only thing even remotely controversial about the review seems to be the overall score.

The review, while clear in what did and didn't work for the game, did not seem as though the conclusion would be a 6.5, which by GameSpot standards is a miss/skip.

To me personally, it seemed like he was reviewing a 7.5 game. Slightly above average; technicals push the visuals to levels rarely seen on the Wii, near perfect controls, but offset by poor level design, AI and a generally weak single player campaign and a somewhat shallow multiplayer experience.

These are things that can be fixed and improved through experience and more focus on design. HVS has plenty of space for improvement on their next project and they'll be doing it with excellent controls and an excellent game engine.

Conduit just wasn't the perfect core title many Nintendo fans were hoping it would be.

Around the Network

Mario kart wii deserves a 7. Sells 16 million copies and I just can't see how this game has a high development budget. They only added 3 new things... Bikes(great), online(great) and wii wheel. The next mario kart needs like 64 courses, wii speak, more online options, free for all battle instead of that team based crap, DLC, a little story in the campaign like they did with crash bandicoot, missions like they did with mario kart DS, new type of racing vehicle(perhaps something that hovers a little above the ground or w/e), better balance between karts and bikes, BETTER GRAPHICS, bring back special weapons for each character(But don't allow it in online),etc

@ greenmedic88 )

since when is 7.5 "slightly above average" ? 7.5 is "good" in my book, while "slightly above average" is 5.5-6 to me

It depends on the reviewing site. And even then, it depends upon the reviewer writing the review. Some are harsher than others, and sometimes a game just doesn't click with them.

A 6.0 on Gamespot is considered "fair" which is pretty average. A 7.0 is considered "good," which is above average, so maybe Conduit didn't earn a 7.5 by Gamespot/reviewer's standards after all.

8.0 is "great." And a 5.5 is "mediocre," which typically means skip unless you're buying it for the characters or license, or there just isn't any other game in that niche to compete.

The game is awesome don't listen to GS or Gamepro.

OK "technically" reviews are someone's opinion but it just seems like certain people blatantly want the game to fail simply because it's on Wii and it's invading on the PS360's genre territory. The game isn't perfect but after playing through the campaign and trying out the online I'd say a solid 8-8.5 would be spot on. The Conduit doesn't do anything revolutionary but it's still a lot of fun to play.

they always do this for Wii games, gameplay/graphics which are the most important are great, and they give 6.5 for level design

i think level design great, not perfect like gameplay but still great

they say about hidden bombs and stuff, and that it's frustrating, i've played it and it's not frustrating
if this wasn't the case they would still find something else negative to say and they would still give 6.5

the review is ok, but the score is what most people see, it's like the summary, the main point, and since the score has nothing to do with what we read, the review sucks, except if he give 6.5 instead of 8.5 because of the level design, which level design is still good, not as bad as he says in my opinion, no other review said that bad things about level design!?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^