By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why GBA SP remains better than any of the DSs.

Screen Size.  My nephew was up here the other day, and he brought his new DSI with him and the first thing that struck me was that its screens were smaller than the screen on my GBA SP.  I asked him, "Are those screens smaller than the screens on the GBA?"  And he said all DS screens are smaller than Gameboy Advance screens."  So, I think that is a definite step backwards.

Around the Network

And DS remains better for having 2 screens, which ultimately add up to cover a bigger surface area than the SP screen

Carl2291 said:
And DS remains better for having 2 screens, which ultimately add up to cover a bigger surface area than the SP screen

Yeah, but if you are playing a game like Metroid:  Zero Mission, for example, and you don't have great eyes, then on DS everything is going to be too small.  There small enough already on GBA.

wait.. let me check my DS Lite and GBA SP.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I think the SP screen size was 3" (maybe even 2.9") and the DSi screen size is 3.25"

I do think smaller screen size is a step backward if that was true for the DS but it is also a plus (more portable). PSP Go screen size is few inches smaller than normal PSP size but it is more portable.

Around the Network

I disagree. The GBA had its share of titles but the DS has a better libary.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

The DS is better than any iteration of the GBA. Why? Because it can play DS AND GBA games.

Also, your ancedotes are terrible.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

GBA SP screen size: 2.9 inches http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBA_SP
DSi screen size: 3.25 inches http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DSi

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Gnac said:
The DS is better than any iteration of the GBA. Why? Because it can play DS AND GBA games.

GBA SP is better because it has less fragile L and R buttons.  Also the DSi can't play GBA games and the DS/DSL/DSi can't play Gameboy games like the GBA SP.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Gnac said:

GBA SP is better because it has less fragile L and R buttons.  Also the DSi can't play GBA games and the DS/DSL/DSi can't play Gameboy games like the GBA SP.

Stop taking me seriously. No-one should be serious in a BTfeather55 thread!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3