By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu first day sales

outlawauron said:
Dazkarieh said:
outlawauron said:

Daz, this is just to give the reference between the two titles to realize more how crazy that claim is.

I mean the resolution is obviously higher on Rorona, but Arc Rise has more detailed everything else.

outlaw, I hope the you understand "5 times more" is of course irrealist and just an exaggeration of something (I don't have much doubt it costed mor, of course not 5 times)... the same way saying that Atelier Rorona sold well and Arc Rise sold bad is an exaggeration and irrealist ;)

Well, if Arc Rise didn't sell badly, then Atelier will is going to have a better first week is selling well, no? I don't think it works quite like that, but Atelier is a niche like Muramasa and Fragile. Arc Rise Fantasia isn't a niche title, it's a standard turn based RPG.

Like I'm saying since the begining... the Wii have no niche titles! When Muramasa came out, everyone said it sold bad as well. The same with Fragile! And I'm sure if Atelier Rorona was on the Wii it wouldn't be niche as well ;)

BTW, Atelier is  niche because... of the chibi look?

Around the Network

ARF is a new IP, while Atelier is an established franchise and this is the 15th game in the series. One would hope that Atelier is able to sell more, after all the fanbase is there. Bad sales for it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
ARF is a new IP, while Atelier is an established franchise and this is the 15th game in the series. One would hope that Atelier is able to sell more, after all the fanbase is there. Bad sales for it.

Just what I wanted to say.

trestres said:

I didn't want to go that way... because today I heard that ToS2 should sell lot more than ToV because ToS2 is the sequel and ToV is a new title... so I really don't know what to say anymore!

Why the hell can’t people see the difference between a commercial style turn-based RPG (in Japan at least) and a niche J-rpg about crafting and synthesizing?

Around the Network
Hero_time88 said:
Why the hell can’t people see the difference between a commercial style turn-based RPG (in Japan at least) and a niche J-rpg about crafting and synthesizing?

Because everyone prefer to speak about how their prefered console sell better than others'.

outlawauron said:
Dazkarieh said:
outlawauron said:

Daz, this is just to give the reference between the two titles to realize more how crazy that claim is.

I mean the resolution is obviously higher on Rorona, but Arc Rise has more detailed everything else.

outlaw, I hope the you understand "5 times more" is of course irrealist and just an exaggeration of something (I don't have much doubt it costed mor, of course not 5 times)... the same way saying that Atelier Rorona sold well and Arc Rise sold bad is an exaggeration and irrealist ;)

Well, if Arc Rise didn't sell badly, then Atelier will is going to have a better first week is selling well, no? I don't think it works quite like that, but Atelier is a niche like Muramasa and Fragile. Arc Rise Fantasia isn't a niche title, it's a standard turn based RPG.

What? ARF is just as niche as a gust game. You make no sense here.

And it is good sales for Atelier Rorona. Gust games have never sold well. It may be an established franchise, but one that never sells alot. Good games though. Sadly I won't be getting this one :/

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

trestres said:

more than 60% sell through and nearly 20,000 copies sold on day 1 is bad sale

i don't recall your standard ever applies to RPG on Wii (or any Wii games)

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Wenlan, are you trolling for fun? I'm the only Wii owner that always comments on how Wii games bomb, you dont recall anything because you are a troll.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Yea come on guys haven't you heard. Only Wii games can bomb. A PS3 or 360 game bombing is just unheard of... especially in Japan.

Got to love double standards. I really do think Sony fanboys need to find a hobby because wasting all of their time on telling Wii fans or MS fans on how much their games suck and how they bomb weekly is getting old.

Anyways good opener for WSR.  I had actually expected more out of BlazBlue but what ya gonna do I suppose.  Lot of good releases so Japan should be happy.