By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Magna Carta 2 Gamplay Trailer ( EPICNESS )

lol I heard some bad stories about the first game, so it's kinda surprising that Magna Carta 2 actually looks fun to me.

We should keep an eye on it.

Around the Network

wow just watched the trailer and was actually pretty impressed. I wasn't expecting much from this game but it does look like a pretty freaking good JRPG.

I am a big big fan of Mr Hyung-tae Kim (see profile) so I am LOVING the art of this game, however from a technical perspective, what we saw certainly wasn't 'wow' worthy, they graphic is mediocre at best; just look at the ground and environment texture!

So if we follow SHMUPGurus guide to JRPG, this game will actually fall into the 'Good Gameplay + Good Storyline = Poor Graphics' category which (given that I love the art direction and the fact that this is a JRPG) I can certainly live with :p

I hope they either don't region lock this game or give a soonish EU release date. It will certainly be a day one.

mibuokami said:
I am a big big fan of Mr Hyung-tae Kim (see profile) so I am LOVING the art of this game, however from a technical perspective, what we saw certainly wasn't 'wow' worthy, they graphic is mediocre at best; just look at the ground and environment texture!

So if we follow SHMUPGurus guide to JRPG, this game will actually fall into the 'Good Gameplay + Good Storyline = Poor Graphics' category which (given that I love the art direction and the fact that this is a JRPG) I can certainly live with :p

I hope they either don't region lock this game or give a soonish EU release date. It will certainly be a day one.

I dunno,I thought it was a bit "wow" worthy.Seeing how its not gonna load a seperate field for battles,meaning less detail in enviroment(i guess).Also it seems to be using the u3 engine,and we know it usually doesnt give good results like this for most developers.I just wanna see how the frame rate will hold out.

Natal and Sony's flashing Ice cream cone

cloofoofoo said:
mibuokami said:

I dunno,I thought it was a bit "wow" worthy.Seeing how its not gonna load a seperate field for battles,meaning less detail in enviroment(i guess).Also it seems to be using the u3 engine,and we know it usually doesnt give good results like this for most developers.I just wanna see how the frame rate will hold out.

The graphic and even gameplay remind me a lot of White Knight Chronicles, which also wasn't that great graphically as the battle also took place in the real world; the texture details weren't great but the draw distance was fantastic. I don't know what the draw distance is for MC2, and it really doesn't matter what engine they used, I'm talking about end result in a graphical scale, both when comparing with other games in general and games specific to this genre.

Yes, given that it's using u3 engine and the instant translation into battle, the graphic is acceptable, but that doesn't make it jaw dropping like FFXIII or Splinter Cell.

There is nothing bad about it! And like I said, day one for Hyung-tae Kim character design alone :)

Around the Network

meh i dont care about the graphics b/c they dont make the game. So far this looks impressive and ill keep my eye on it for now

How anyone thinks the gameplay on this game looks fun is a bit ignorant. The combat seems VERY slow without any benefits and dull. It's like a Diablo game that's ten times slower.

shio said:
How anyone thinks the gameplay on this game looks fun is a bit ignorant. The combat seems VERY slow without any benefits and dull. It's like a Diablo game that's ten times slower.

That's very ignorant, especially considering the gameplay has more in common with WRPG than JRPG. Ever play WoW or the Witcher? They both have similiar pacing and both are great games.

shio said:

what do u expect one hit kills??? and no this is not slow at all in fact WOW is slower than this

Woah that is rather epic gameplay

I might buy this game even though I didn't play the first one