By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - First Impressions

NiKKoM said:
You mean Devil SURVIVOR.. right?

Stop rubbing it in my face!

I feel so stupid

Around the Network

How´s the fusion system? I heard is he best in the series. Are there any simulation aspects like Persona or is it a typical SMT?

memory2zack said:
How´s the fusion system? I heard is he best in the series. Are there any simulation aspects like Persona or is it a typical SMT?

Yeah you can select the skills and spells you want for the demon. Also you can search for a demon you would like to have in your party, and it'll tell you which demons you need in order to create him - it's pretty useful.

That´s cool, I heard Devil Summoner 2 has also a revamped fusion system where you choose the passive/active skills you want to be passed. I´m busy with P4 now (after spending 300 hours on P3 FES, lol) and I have Devil Summoner 2 next in my schedule.

memory2zack said:

It's more SMT than Persona, there's no life-simulation part. Actually, it's hard to place it, since it's not that similar to any SMT either, in a sense it's similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (that you travel to places to start the story battles)

Around the Network

Sounds great, importing this in a few days.

And yeah, the protagonist looks just like Persona 3's, which I don't mind since I liked him.

zexen_lowe said:
memory2zack said:

It's more SMT than Persona, there's no life-simulation part. Actually, it's hard to place it, since it's not that similar to any SMT either, in a sense it's similar to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (that you travel to places to start the story battles)

Please tell thats the only part thats similiar because FF:TA was complete shit.

I'd like this... but im broke yet again =/

Valkyria00 said:
zexen_lowe said:
memory2zack said:

Please tell thats the only part thats similiar because FF:TA was complete shit.

I was pointing a similarity, I could have used any SRPG, Disgaea if you want. In that sense, the game plays like a true SRPG

So it´s a typical, albeit very good SRPG with Megaten lore and having the best fusion system so far in the series? Right?

I´m totally sold :D