By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Upcoming Wii RPGs

So far, we've seen this year the releases of Takt of Magic, Kizuna, Arc Rise Fantasia, Muramasa, and Fragile for Wii.  Technically, not all of them are RPGs, but they were nonetheless niche titles at best.  Now that the year's almost over, what else is in store for Wii RPGs?  Let's take a look.

Dragon Quest X--There are people doubting already that this title will ever come to Wii.  But I don't think it's going to just jump ship just because these abovementioned titles weren't particularly huge sellers.  It'll still be a hit either way.

Tales of Graces--This should be a seller.

Monster Hunter 3--Technically not an RPG, but a very popular Japanese franchise.

Monado--Monolith Soft's newest production for Nintendo is an RPG.  How will it do?  Who knows.

Valhalla Knights Elder Saga--Unsure about how this will do.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers--This should be successful.

I wonder if Wii will get more RPGs than these so far.

Around the Network

Valhalla seems like the one I'm sure will do terribly. It is based from a PSP game that wasn't even that good.

Monado appears weak graphically, so hopefully they polish it up.

Final Fantasy CC:TCB will do well on the marketplace and looks really good.

After MH3, many more Wii RPGs or similar games will come. The Wii will be the place to go for them, in Japan at least.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Valhalla seems like the one I'm sure will do terribly. It is based from a PSP game that wasn't even that good.

Monado appears weak graphically, so hopefully they polish it up.

Final Fantasy CC:TCB will do well on the marketplace and looks really good.

After MH3, many more Wii RPGs or similar games will come. The Wii will be the place to go for them, in Japan at least.

I've been hearing people say that only the XBox 360 and PS3 will get RPGs after these aforementioned titles because of the low sales the previous ones did, but I feel that it seems silly to write off Wii for that, especially since it hasn't had anything major... although the fact that it IS getting a major IP now is reassuring.

I would think A lot more RPGs will be announced at the Tokyo Game Show.

The Wii and PS3 to an extent will be getting most of the JRPGs from now on.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Monado looks very promising but the graphics are an eye sore. Hopefully its still in developement to get it polished and updated.

Around the Network

Does Final Fantasy IV: The After Years part two count? 'Cause that's still coming...

Tales of graces will eat all of those other RPGs in quality. In sales, no, but quality, yes.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:

Tales of graces will eat all of those other RPGs in quality. In sales, no, but quality, yes.

Hey, hey now. I wouldn't count FFCC: TCB, Monado or Dragon Quest X out just yet.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

griffinA said:
Shadowblind said:

Hey, hey now. I wouldn't count FFCC: TCB, Monado or Dragon Quest X out just yet.

Well, Monado has a chance since its Monolith...but if Graces is anything like Vesperia(aka latest Tales game), it'll be the best thing to grace the wii(lol, punz) EVAH! Dragon Quest, no, but FFCC certainly is shaping up nicely.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

How can you count out Dragon Quest X? We know absolutely nothing about it...