By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Screens Of Gran Turismo ( PSP )

leo-j said:

thats them playing it..

Which is pretty much what I posted, and its by the same website (LegitReviews). Overall some of the cars look nice, but the textures upon closer inspection look very blurred and it lags a bit, but what exactly are you expecting from a PSP game? I'll say again, and hopefully you'll agree that while it looks impressive for a PSP game, you can't surely be comparing it to a Wii game, let alone an HD console?

Otherwise, I recommend going to the opticians 

Around the Network

I never compared it to a wii game..

mM
leo-j said:
I posted the video because that screen shot looks equivalent to a ps1 version of gran turismo

That's how the game looks in a screenshot....just because you favor blurry videos with glare and finger prints isn't really an excuse to just ignore actual screenshots. Again it's GranTurismo on a PSP. It looks good, controls look a bit slippery, but other than that it sounds like it'll be a huge title for the PSP and hopefully a system seller.

Who released that screenshot?

btw.. the game looks completely different in the video which isnt blurry..

mM
leo-j said:

Who released that screenshot?

btw.. the game looks completely different in the video which isnt blurry..

There are two in-game screenshots released by Sony posted on GameSpot. Also keep in mind when you're dealing with videos they are compressed which makes the footage blurry. In Screenshots you don't have movement, everything is standing still, so graphical quality won't seem that great as I said in my first post. It's also a different perspective, as the screenshot is first person and the videos are third person.

Around the Network

Why arent the screenshots on the Sony site?

mM

holyy shiy that looks amazing

leo-j said:
Why arent the screenshots on the Sony site?

I seriously need to baby you like this? I don't work for Sony, I don't question what content they put on their sites, and game sites in general have sparce information and screenshots/videos that aren't just marketing fluff. Since you seem a bit helpless here are more screenshots, and if you want even more just go to http://www.giantbomb.com/gran-turismo-psp/61-26842/images/

i hope sony will soon release GT Portable demo on psn that was on E3.

I thought i would add my two cents on GT PSP. I have been a long time fan of the series, even from the PSX days, i've played through all GT's, and i'm eagerly waiting for GT PSP. I think the game looks awesome, better than almost all games on the PSP. I'm a realist as well, and there is no way that it can compete with the graphics of a 360 game like some of you suggest, but it can give most PS2 games a run for their money in the graphics department.

Here are some screenshots from GT4, compare them with GT PSP screenshots and you'll see that they don't differ much in graphics, and that is a huge asset for a portable console, being able to run as well as a home console.

Source : http://delobbo.com/gran_turismo_4_1.html

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"