By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Screens Of Gran Turismo ( PSP )

If PSP GT looks his good. Imagine how full GT5 will looks like.

Around the Network

Ok, how is this possible on the PSP and we dont have an example of that kind of graphics on, lets say, the Wii? Sorry, I just dont understand how they can produce a game of this quality on the PSP

lol @ people getting worked up when compared to Forza!!!

People will always compare something to a higher standard and say it's better cause they want it to be.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Wow, that is just wow

How dense can some of you people be? Obviously the 'screenshots' posted are pre-rendered using in-game assets, the video will give you a better idea of the actual quality. I've owned a PSP since it released, and games on the hand-held are generally nicely detailed and fun to play. Majority of racing games look amazing on the PSP, and for those that actually play a PSP they would know this. So far it seems like everyone is completely surprised by the graphical capabilities of the PSP, and are either openly excited or trying to make up an excuse as to why it looks good.

I'll post some screenshots from racing games through the years on the PSP. Now I don't want to debate which looks better or which you didn't like etc because you need to keep in mind the games features and gameplay aspects. For example, Colin McRae Rally 2005 Plus, FlatOut: Head On, and BurnOut: Dominator have full damage models for all of their vehicles. Also keep in mind you can't see these game in motion through screenshots, which has a dramatic effect on the visual quality and polish. Racing games have always looked great on the PSP, so why try to justify it now?

Also...why are some of you comparing a handheld title to Xbox 360, Playstation 2, or Playstation 3 titles? Or even Nintendo DS when you already know that the DS isn't capable of the graphical quality that PSP is? Are you trying to justify some completely irrelavent point? A game being good or bad comes down to gameplay, with the graphics enhacing the other aspects of play. Bottomline it's GranTurismo! Either you like it or not, so stop with this damn bickering (Mario Kart DS? Forza 3? What the hell....).

Anyway....on with the screenshots.

Ridge Racer (circa 2005)

Colin McRae Rally 2005 Plus (circa 2005)

WipeOut Pure (circa 2005)

OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (circa 2006)

Burnout Dominator (circa 2007)

WipeOut Pulse (circa 2008)

FlatOut: Head On (circa 2008)

Midnight Club: L.A. Remix (circa 2008)

GranTurismo for PSP (circa 2009)

Around the Network
Saieno said:

How dense can some of you people be? Obviously the 'screenshots' posted are pre-rendered using in-game assets, the video will give you a better idea of the actual quality. I've owned a PSP since it released, and games on the hand-held are generally nicely detailed and fun to play. Majority of racing games look amazing on the PSP, and for those that actually play a PSP they would know this. So far it seems like everyone is completely surprised by the graphical capabilities of the PSP, and are either openly excited or trying to make up an excuse as to why it looks good.

I'll post some screenshots from racing games through the years on the PSP. Now I don't want to debate which looks better or which you didn't like etc because you need to keep in mind the games features and gameplay aspects. For example, Colin McRae Rally 2005 Plus, FlatOut: Head On, and BurnOut: Dominator have full damage models for all of their vehicles. Also keep in mind you can't see these game in motion through screenshots, which has a dramatic effect on the visual quality and polish. Racing games have always looked great on the PSP, so why try to justify it now?

Also...why are some of you comparing a handheld title to Xbox 360, Playstation 2, or Playstation 3 titles? Or even Nintendo DS when you already know that the DS isn't capable of the graphical quality that PSP is? Are you trying to justify some completely irrelavent point? A game being good or bad comes down to gameplay, with the graphics enhacing the other aspects of play. Bottomline it's GranTurismo! Either you like it or not, so stop with this damn bickering (Mario Kart DS? Forza 3? What the hell....).

Anyway....on with the screenshots.

mM

@leo-j

Heres the same site actually playing it:

While it looks good for a PSP game (with the occasional bit of lag), trying to compare it to anything over a Wii game is a bit much

tronied said:

@leo-j

Heres the same site actually playing it:

While it looks good for a PSP game (with the occasional bit of lag), trying to compare it to anything over a Wii game is a bit much

thats them playing it..

mM

Not sure why you quoted my post leo-j, as I already know how the game looks. If you aren't happy with the screenshot taken from within the game then I'm sorry but I don't control how screenshots look. A pre-rendered picture is usually bigger than 480x272 and has perfect anti-aliasing, which is done for lots of promotional images like the ones originally posted in this thread.

I posted the video because that screen shot looks equivalent to a ps1 version of gran turismo

mM