By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gotta love the randomness of Amazon...

NOO BABY SEALS

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Carnival games was in the top 20 for days for cryin' out loud!

carnival is selling well because of word of mouth.

but really it's because apparently most brick-and-mortar retailers don't stock them.

the Wii is an epidemic.

They just extended the offer with a new list of movies until Jan 31, 2008.

makingmusic476 said:

The ps3 is now outselling every other console including the Wii (which is out of stock as usual) on Amazon right now. The 60gb is at #5, with the Wii at #6, the Elite 360 at #14, the Premium with HDMI at #26 (and yes, it is still in stock), the Halo Edition 360 at #36, and the 80gb ps3 is at #51. The Core 360 didn't the top 100 at all.

While this means absolutely nothing, Amazon being such a small spec on the retail map, I thought it was quite surprising. I assume it's because the free Blu-Ray movie promotion was recently extended and increased to seven discs per player spefically on Amazon.com, compared to just five discs everywhere else.

This really goes to show how unrepresentative Amazon sales charts can be of the industry as a whole.

Anywho, I just thought it was interesting. Comments?

We've seen this for some time now. I'd also just conjecture that PS3 fans are more tech-savvy than the average Wii owner, and perhaps even 360 owners: but that is, again, only conjecture.

As you said, however, the bonus discs really do throw Amazon's sales figures for a loop. It's really hard to calculate how large an effect the better deal is having on Amazon's sales.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

So, if I hold out longer, the number of free BD movies will increase even more! I think I'll settle at... say, around... 69 discs.

Lingyis said:

but really it's because apparently most brick-and-mortar retailers don't stock them.

How come it's not reflected in sales then? (NPD, VGChartz)

routsounmanman said:
Lingyis said:

How come it's not reflected in sales then? (NPD, VGChartz)

It is selling well on Amazon, because word of mouth AND its the only place to get it, I think he meant.

^^ Oh, I really must be stupid :)

Carnival Games was Best Buy's best selling game two weeks ago, its still in the top 3.

look at the bottom: 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/