By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gotta love the randomness of Amazon...

The ps3 is now outselling every other console including the Wii (which is out of stock as usual) on Amazon right now.  The 60gb is at #5, with the Wii at #6, the Elite 360 at #14, the Premium with HDMI at #26 (and yes, it is still in stock), the Halo Edition 360 at #36, and the 80gb ps3 is at #51. The Core 360 didn't the top 100 at all.

While this means absolutely nothing, Amazon being such a small spec on the retail map, I thought it was quite surprising.  I assume it's because the free Blu-Ray movie promotion was recently extended and increased to seven discs per player spefically on Amazon.com, compared to just five discs everywhere else.

This really goes to show how unrepresentative Amazon sales charts can be of the industry as a whole.

Anywho, I just thought it was interesting.  Comments? 

Around the Network

yea amazon is pretty random hard to gauge what sales really are

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I approve of this thread.

Amazon sales are weird as i think its a count of how many per hour so if 3 PS3s sell but only 1 360 the PS3 will be ahead.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Okay, now Amazon has the ps3 at #4, the Wii at #7, and the Elite 360 at #15. It seems as if the ps3 is moving up, and everything else is moving down. 0_o

Around the Network

The 80gb ps3 is now up to #48, and the Premium 360 is down to #27 as well.

Amazon doesnt have the premium in stock, there wont be a new shipment until next week with the release of the new bundles.

Xbox 360 Console Includes 20GB Hard Drive (with HDMI)

"Ships from and sold by  J&R Music and Computer World"

and there is a blu ray promotion ending today:

"Purchase a PLAYSTATION 3 and receive 7 free Blu-Ray movies. Purchase between September 17, 2007 and September 30, 2007, mail-in and instant offer. While supplies lasts."

This is the last day of the Blu-ray and HD DVD promotional offer. Thats why it jumped. There are reasons for everything.

Yah the PS3 has been doing really well on Amazon lately because of the 7-Free Disc Promo. Those looking for Blu-Ray players would definitely jump on that.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

This thread saved so many baby seals ...
Great idea.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."