By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 vs Tales of Graces

outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:
I guess this thread was definitely not the best place for Tales fans to express their opinion...sad, just sad.

It's the perfect place, but I don't see how anyone can be more excited for a Tales game over a new main Final Fantasy unless you only play action RPGs.

FF generally has more impressive tech, it's not always better other than that, if you judge the games based on tech along, then FF will win out every time for sure, in other aspects, that's not always true.

Around the Network

Easy: FF will get better scores, Tales will be a better game.

dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:
I guess this thread was definitely not the best place for Tales fans to express their opinion...sad, just sad.

It's the perfect place, but I don't see how anyone can be more excited for a Tales game over a new main Final Fantasy unless you only play action RPGs.

FF generally has more impressive tech, it's not always better other than that, if you judge the games based on tech along, then FF will win out every time for sure, in other aspects, that's not always true.

Well, sure that stuff flies here because there is a huge Tales fanbase here.

I'm willing to bet that Final Fantasy XIII will be better in every aspect.

@ forest-spirit

Team Destiny is making this? That'll be interesting as it's their first 3D console game.

@ Daz

Still fighting the good fight, eh?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:

@ forest-spirit

Team Destiny is making this? That'll be interesting as it's their first 3D console game.

@ Daz

Except combat. I think its pretty obvious that Tales of Graces will have the better combat system. FF13 will most likely be better in everything else though.

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:

@ forest-spirit

@ Daz

that's a dangerous gamble =P since I'm a JRPG maniac and I've never liked FF combat better than Tales >=D but have always felt FF is a little more immersive because of their tech aspect, however, if your mind is already set in stone, then there is not much to say.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

@ Daz

Uhhh!?!? 0_o What fight?

If you want to get somewhere with that, please explain.

For all I know, I would love to be wrong and, after getting my hands on both of them, saying that FFXIII it's better. From lattest experiences, Tales of as much much more to offer than FF. And hey... FFVI and FFIX are in my top10 games ever.

However, I'll also say... if ToG is as bad as ToV or as cheap as ToS:DotNW, I'll be joining Tales of series to the ones that I on't get hyped (at all) untill I get my hands on it.

Dazkarieh said:
outlawauron said:

@ Daz

Uhhh!?!? 0_o What fight?

If you want to get somewhere with that, please explain.

For all I know, I would love to be wrong and, after getting my hands on both of them, saying that FFXIII it's better. From lattest experiences, Tales of as much much more to offer than FF. And hey... FFVI and FFIX are in my top10 games ever.

However, I'll also say... if ToG is as bad as ToV or as cheap as ToS:DotNW, I'll be joining Tales of series to the ones that I on't get hyped (at all) untill I get my hands on it.

What are you talking about? ToV is not bad at all. Yuri Lowell FTW.

dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:

@ forest-spirit

@ Daz

that's a dangerous gamble =P since I'm a JRPG maniac and I've never liked FF combat better than Tales >=D but have always felt FF is a little more immersive because of the their tech aspect, however, if your mind is already set in stone, then there is not much to say.

Oh my mind isn't set in stone, but I don't see how it can. The best Tales game I've ever played wouldn't top my favorite 5 Final Fantasy games.

And I already said that the think that those who prefer Action RPGs will prefer ToG's combat, because it's an action RPG. I've played the Tales system before, as each game has only taken what the previous Tales game has done before and adds to it. They don't do anything innovative. They add something that enhance the system more, but the core formula has remained the same since Symphonia.

@ Daz

It was just a joke where you gave a ludicrious statement, by assuming an unlikely position.

And Tales of Vesperia was not a bad game. It takes everything from Symphonia and Abyss and improves on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
dahuman said:
outlawauron said:
forest-spirit said:

@ forest-spirit

@ Daz

that's a dangerous gamble =P since I'm a JRPG maniac and I've never liked FF combat better than Tales >=D but have always felt FF is a little more immersive because of the their tech aspect, however, if your mind is already set in stone, then there is not much to say.

Oh my mind isn't set in stone, but I don't see how it can. The best Tales game I've ever played wouldn't top my favorite 5 Final Fantasy games.

And I already said that the think that those who prefer Action RPGs will prefer ToG's combat, because it's an action RPG. I've played the Tales system before, as each game has only taken what the previous Tales game has done before and adds to it. They don't do anything innovative. They add something that enhance the system more, but the core formula has remained the same since Symphonia.

@ Daz

It was just a joke where you gave a ludicrious statement, by assuming an unlikely position.

And Tales of Vesperia was not a bad game. It takes everything from Symphonia and Abyss and improves on it.

ToG's combat system seems very different from other tales game's combat systems to me. It looks kinda innovative. You should wait for more info on ToG's combat system before you go saying its going to be the same as ToS's combat system.

@ g-value and outlawauron

I don't like Vesperia... at all. I don't like Yuri (seriously, it breaks my nerves to hear wonders about him, specially here in VGC... but I respect and it's probably the second time I say this, although the other time very smoothly not to get motived), I don't like the AI (neither party or enemies), I don't like the combos (specially when compared to the awesome aerial combos in ToS:DotNW - the only thing they really did right in this one), I don't like the script (ok... Tales never had good ones. But this one is specially bad... it was like when I saw "Saw 3" for the first time. I already knew what the twists would be and don't let the story drive for itself that way. they were simply pushing it that way), and, to summarize, I felt they were giving me an old car... polished, bright, with beautiful tires... but old.

Now, please don't kill me. I know I'm probably the one that's wrong here, and it's probably the best Tales ever (yaiiikes... this was hard to write). It's like FFX (the second worst FF, IMO, but the best FF to many). I don't like it. That's all ;)