By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shops refuse to stock psp in Europe till they get psn cards

That's pretty nice of them for the customers, because I can guaranty you they will not be making money off of these cards.

You would think they would prefer to not have them stocked so they can push the 3000 series more, in which they are able to sell UMD's for.

Around the Network

En ze hebben gelijk

I hope SONY releases the cards... they should have done so ages ago.

4 ≈ One

For Sony to do this, it would be benificial to them...but Sony doing something benifical to them is a somewhat rediculous notion.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Munkeh111 said:
Maybe that is partially the reason for the high price of the PSP Go, to give the shops more margin to compensate them for lower PSP software sales

I bet you retailers will get more margin on the PSP Go than probably any other console, the Go is really overpriced, I'm guessing it costs less to make than the 3000 and Sony already makes a healthy profit on the 3000....
Anyways, I'm guessing PSN Cards and Video Store will come to PAL regions before the end of the year.

Around the Network

Yeah psn cards are hard to find.

yeah, it's about time sony made those cards available for us in the pal regions

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

can they not just do what they do with phones and able shops to print out receipts with codes on.

NJ5 said:

PS: Internet, please stop saying digital distribution, all games are digitally distributed whether online or on discs.

No, they are not. Digital distributing is an industry accepted term which means providing content and information over the internet. This is like people claiming that games are all CG. While this is true, CG is accepted and understood as being pre-rendered in the context of games.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

jetrii said:
NJ5 said:

PS: Internet, please stop saying digital distribution, all games are digitally distributed whether online or on discs.

No, they are not. Digital distributing is an industry accepted term which means providing content and information over the internet. This is like people claiming that games are all CG. While this is true, CG is accepted and understood as being pre-rendered in the context of games.

DVD, Blu-Ray, UMD etc. are all digital formats, so I don't really see how online distribution can be any more digital than that.

I realize it's probably too late, but somehow I still wish people would use a proper name for online distribution.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957