By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for a good old school RPG.

sapient said:
Have you played The Bard's tale? I see you have already bought Jade Empire, I really liked it. Mass effect is another one.

Look at my last post :)

And yes, I have played Mass Effect. Awesome game.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
sapient said:
Have you played The Bard's tale? I see you have already bought Jade Empire, I really liked it. Mass effect is another one.

There's a new Bard's Tale - it was made for the Xbox, I believe. Supposed to be good and also funny, but was overshadowed by Fable.

Khuutra said:
TheRealMafoo said:
sapient said:

There's a new Bard's Tale - it was made for the Xbox, I believe. Supposed to be good and also funny, but was overshadowed by Fable.

Oh, cool. I will look into that.

No shortage of games it seems :)

Fallout 1 & 2. If you like old school RPG that are awesome at being RPG. This is the best of the best in regards what RPG can offer old school. You can get The Fallout Triliogy online for cheap.

Also check out Baldurs Gate series, Plane Scape Torment as some of the best story RPG game from Bioware.

Syndacite was fantastic, but not an RPG.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

FF7

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.

Around the Network
.jayderyu said:

Fallout 1 & 2. If you like old school RPG that are awesome at being RPG. This is the best of the best in regards what RPG can offer old school. You can get The Fallout Triliogy online for cheap.

Also check out Baldurs Gate series, Plane Scape Torment as some of the best story RPG game from Bioware.

Syndacite was fantastic, but not an RPG.

I have played all those.

And yea, I just picked an old game that all the old schoolers would know, but not something everyone has heard about.

I could have picked Elder Scrolls: The Arena if I wanted a 1993 RPG :)

Nethack?

Please register :)

dude how many games have you played...

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

NunedQ said:
dude how many games have you played...

thousands.

I am 39, and started playing Video Games in 1977. I got my first PC in 1981, and have been an avid PC gamer ever since. 

I have also owned every major console (and some not so major), starting with the Atari 2600. The only ones I skipped, were the N64, and GameCube.

I also played the TI994/A and every game made for it.

Khuutra said:
Hm. Played Jade Empire, I assume?

Going to bed after sitting in this chair and playing Jade Empire for 16 hours.

Yea, it hit the spot :)